At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation!
Hitachi Energy is seeking an Electrical Engineer, Product Design with a minimum background or strong interest in R&D design, integration of prototypes and systems related to the heavy-duty charging infrastructure. Candidate will be required to support in all stages of the product development lifecycle. The ability to adapt to a flexible and fast-paced environment is key to successfully performing in this role. Seeking someone passionate in emerging technologies for transportation fleet electrification looking to join the growing and diversified eMobility team within Hitachi Energy.
- Development of electrical schematic design for the next generation of products.
- Design and build harnesses for concepts and for manufacturing.
- Support the local assembly and introduction of new Concepts and prototypes for Electric Vehicle Chargers and Electric Vehicle interfaces from 100kW to 3MW.
- Participate in the component selection to meet performance, quality, and cost requirements.
- Collaborate with procurement throughout the order process from conception to production.
- Support production during prototype builds and design change implementation.
- Create documentation (schematics, wire diagrams, BOMs) to support all the NPI process, prototyping and final design validation processes.
- Development of manufacturing / assembly documentation packages, including product manuals
- Interact with other R&D engineering team members, to resolve technical issues in a dynamic and collaborative work environment.
- Create product and process test reports/plans of new or modified product designs.
- Execution of testing plans for designs validation.
- Document electrical design using Solidworks electrical.
- Work with the LAB team to diagnose and resolve engineering issues and collaborate in the manufacturing builds of prototypes.
- Ensures alignment with assigned project development targets (time, cost, quality) and coordinates with the project team involved in specific R&D activities.
- Collaborate with product line cross functional teams located across geographical regions. This includes functions such as: supply chain, manufacturing/production, service, engineering, sales, project management, and product management.
- Maintain knowledge of competitor offerings in order to positively influence new design and design updates
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required or related field with 2 - 4 years of experience in product design and development.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Minimum 2 years of Electrical CAD design/drafting experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with Low-Medium Voltage and Current product designs.
- Demonstrated experience or certification in:
- Solidworks Electrical Design
- Solidworks Harness Design
- Solidworks Electrical 3D
- Technical knowledge of the Electrical Products industry and/or Electrical Vehicle Charger Industry with fundamental understanding of NEC standards.
- Detailed orientated and able to embrace a culture of quality while working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize, identify root causes & take corrective actions.
- Strong interest in Engineering Product Development and Design Validation.
- A proactive attitude for individual and team tasks to be completed on time with desired results
- Willingness to openly engage multidisciplinary teams to achieve goals and resolve problems
- Ability to learn and utilize lab equipment and relevant software
- Strong English written and verbal skills
- Familiarity with adopted standards for DC Chargers.
- Certification in Solidworks electrical
- Experience with electrical design for DC Electric Chargers.
- Experience conducting Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) for electrical design
- Experience working in agile/scrum development environments
- Knowledge of industrial networking protocols for automation such as Profinet, CAN Modbus as a very appreciated.
- Knowledge of programming languages as C and Python for embedded systems.
- Knowledge of product safety and cybersecurity
- Knowledge of energy management system development
- Up to 50% - Primarily the R&D Lab in Monroe, GA
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.