Lead for the assigned spend a short-term and medium-term sourcing strategy to meet targets on total cost of ownership, reliability of supplies, and supply performance. Define and mandate the Supply Quality and Development agenda. Ensure implementation of a compliant and sustainable sourcing strategy at the Hub level to support business. Collaborate with factories and BL/Hub stakeholders to support the undertakings and deliver on the results. Initiate projects to cut the total cost of ownership or to mitigate risks. For BL lead categories support and execute the BL category strategy.
- As a spend owner assess, define, adjust, and improve a hub category strategy (using CIPS methodology) in ad-equation with business needs and the PG guidelines and instructions.
- You will deliver timely information including quarterly CIPS reviews. Align the strategy with key stakeholders on a regular base.
- You will execute and sustain the strategic sourcing activities, run risk mitigation actions in order to meet current and future business requirements, and secure availability, supply base performance, and optimum total cost of ownership. Negotiate spend for selected suppliers. Allocate volume. Sign and monitor contracts, frame agreements, and service level agreements (SLA).
- You will distribute market allocation, pricing, and terms and conditions information to factories factory SCM and/or the relevant responsible person.
- You will ensure all relevant parties understand strategies and execute processes accordingly. Align the factory's needs and hub business requirements to category management undertakings.
- You will regularly communicate strategy and negotiation results to the factories. deliver on the hub category KPIs with a focus on cost, quality, and timely delivery. regularly report on financial performance and supply performance.
- You will regularly review the balance of demand vs supply for critical materials. Take measures to secure supply vs demand and anticipate related changes or non-repetitive/new requirements.
- You will promote emerging market sourcing activities that bring additional value. Mandate the Supply Quality & Development team in their undertaking for supplier issue resolution/hot topics.
- You will be responsible for cost control processes collect market pricing intelligence and compare to in-house costs. act in line with the findings. regularly issue data for the tender commodity and budget cost guidelines.
- You will improve on tender and project material costing. run tender/order-specific RFx and negotiations where applicable. promote cost breakdown analysis, should cost, and run regular benchmarks.
- You will be responsible for supply base management overseeing the supplier relationship with regular review of contract execution, supply performance, improvement activities, and future. For suppliers in the hub assign supplier account owner for the majority of the spend. Lead supplier qualification for the ones in scope, and perform risk assessment. plan and assign audits to supply quality & development engineers. based on performance data, evaluate, define, and monitor improvement measures for selected suppliers.
- You will Propose and perform make vs buy studies and run SCM implementation. tools/processes: apply and implement SCM standards, tools, and processes in the area of responsibility.
- You will ensure that the area of responsibility is properly organized. For project implementation promotes leads the activities between BL categories and factory teams to achieve targets (cost, time, quality).
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelors in engineering in any technical subject.
- Experience in category supply chain management.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.