Purchase materials according to required technical specification, price, delivery schedule and terms. Ensure purchasing activities align with corporate purchasing policies and procedures.
- You must identifies new suppliers with support from relevant category and regional sourcing team. Qualifies new suppliers in cooperation with Supplier Quality and Engineering specialists.
- You should support Bids & Proposal teams with relevant offers and validity for new project pursuits, as necessary.
- You must negotiate agreements with suppliers and periodically renew price lists, terms and conditions. Support the bid and proposal teams by providing relevant market information.
- You must initiates purchase orders (PO) in the SAP system according to the Purchase Requisitions and in alignment with standard procedures, confirms delivery with suppliers, monitors and tracks supplier performance (on-time delivery, quality, lead time) to purchase order requirements and resolve performance issues.
- You should ensures compliance of shipping with all local and global regulations whilst optimizing the distribution network and customs procedures.
- You will be coordinates daily activities to track location and movement of inbound inventory, finished goods and raw materials via all transport modes, re-routes freight as needed to meet demands and minimize cost. Communicates fulfilment status to Sales and Operations organizations as appropriate.
- You will manage insurances, raises incident reports & tracks insurance claims as necessary.
- You will manage Product Sales revenues, Goods receipt, Supplier payment management in SAP in accordance with purchasing policies and procedures.
- You will manage import/export activities while issuing shipping, packing and marking procedures/instructions per project requirements and complying to relevant governmental regulations (including hazardous goods).
- You will monitor existing approved exemptions, other related licenses/local authority application to support shipping.
- You will manage complete documents submission for shipping & invoicing, monitors forwarder performance and approves relevant invoices.
- Live the Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety, Quality, and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-8 years of sourcing & logistics experience.
- Good command over written and spoken English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools and SAP.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks all with an attention to details.
- Skillful in negotiations & influencing.
- Positive attitude with deep rooted core values around ethics & compliance