Job ID: R0033772
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: HITACHI RAIL STS USA, INC.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Mechanical Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Hardware Engineer responsibilities include:
· Perform and lead design reviews of new items and proposed revisions at the system and detailed levels. Ensure that internal specifications and contract requirements are met.
· Work with Product Improvement and Component Engineering Groups to update and maintain mechanical and electrical design details through standard review process, maintaining engineering documentation.
· Review and resolve issues found in Manufacturing process, from design improvements to obsolescence resolution.
· Analyze issues with materials, components, designs, and propose options for resolutions. Oversee other Engineers and Designers throughout the course of engineering process to the release of new and updated engineering documentation, Drawings and Bill of Materials.
· Perform analysis of designs through Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Environmental Testing, and design reviews. Prepare reports detailing the results of analysis and testing.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE PERFORMING FINITE ELEMENT ANALYSIS USING
· 5 years of mechanical engineering experience preferred.
· Experience with machine design, machining processes, and manufacturing.
· Experience utilizing 3D modeling and 2D Drawing Software, Solid Edge or similar.
· Experience with drawing and Bill of Material creation, review, and maintenance. Ability to read, review, verify, and approve of mechanical and electrical detailed drawings.
· Experience with FEA design and analysis.
· Experience with machine design
· Engineering documentation control
· Project Management
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals With Disabilities.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.
In accordance with the DOT’s FRA and FTA programs, Hitachi’s substance screening program tests pre-employment candidates and current employees, as required for safety-sensitive positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected].
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.