- Ensure adequate inventory of materials and products are available for internal customers.
- Conducts daily inventory analysis to solve inventory problems.
- Maintain and update inventory records in a timely fashion.
- Facilitates and owns inventory management within assigned areas of responsibility.
- Identify and resolve root causes of inventory losses, working with cross functional teams to problem solve and implement preventative measures.
- Supervise and coach hourly associates in daily activities prioritizing and delegating ad hoc task in cooperation with production and warehouse operations personnel.
- Communicates with all levels of production proactively on essential material availability.
- Promote a safety culture to ensure the safety of all personnel, equipment, and property.
- Manage, lead, and assist in the development of improved material flow in accordance with organizational philosophy.
- Enhance and create clear and concise reports to track and identify largest losses.
- Works closely with process engineers, inventory and procurement management, production teams and other plant management on process controls, systems reporting, and other transformational projects.
- Minimize inventory losses by incorporating best supply chain practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in manufacturing operations leadership (Logistics/Shipping/Warehousing preferred)
- Experience in implementing lean material flow in a manufacturing environment
- Skillful leader with proven ability to drive change and sustain results
- Fundamental understanding of logistics management as it relates to manufacturing
- Proficiency problem solving abilities and the ability to think on their feet
- Strong time management and organization skills with the ability to balance and prioritize task
- Adept at IT systems and Microsoft Office products – Excel, Power Point, Word, and Visio
- Experience with SAP and WMS systems
- Demonstrated experience promoting safety, new ideas, and positive change
- Aptitude to learn and incorporate new technologies
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university or three to five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High school diploma/GED plus 8 or more years logistics experience may be considered in lieu of a bachelor's degree.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.