We're Hitachi Vantara, a global infrastructure business. Our people are the force of meaningful progress. We enable the incredible with data - from taking theme park fans on magical rides, conserving natural resources, protecting rainforests to saving lives. We empower businesses to automate, optimize and advance innovation. Together, we create a sustainable future for all.
Imagine the sheer breadth of talent it takes to inspire he future. We don't expect you to 'fit' every requirement - your life experience, character, perspective, and passion for achieving great things in the world are equally important to us.Meet the team
Our Data Technical consultants are technical champions and evangelists who guide customers through their implementation of data catalogue solutions using Hitachi Vantara's software portfolio.They work with customers post signature, to enable, advise and help deliver the use cases specified in the presales solutioning and the business case for the software purchases.This team is both customer and sales oriented, and capable of independently developing sophisticated data catalogue and data integration solutions, and presenting to broad audiences. What you will be doing
What you will need
- Delivers data management projects based on business requirements and identified needs.
- Builds trusted relationships with prospect & customer project teams.
- Assists prospects and customers in identifying current operating procedures to optimize offerings.
- Works closely with the internal project team and customers to implement solutions, building mutual support and understanding with colleagues and customers.
- Creates detailed technical designs from high level solution designs, based on the strategic analysis of the customer's environment and requirements.
- Creates application designs (including systems requirements), development, and testing for business-driven programmatic, administrative, business intelligence, and other software applications as needed.
- Extends Hitachi Vantara platforms to adapt to customer environment via plugins, extension points and custom implementation.
- Follows the delivery methodology and engagement plan.
- Performs installation, configuration, and deployment of Hitachi Vantara products & solutions.
- Assists with architecture, design, development, integration, performance tuning, rollout, support and optimization of customer's implementation of Hitachi Vantara products & solutions
- Actively participates in QA and testing processes.
- Mentors prospect and customer staff in the use of Hitachi Vantara technologies and best practices.
- Conducts training, demonstrations and overviews of Hitachi applications to assist the customer in gaining an understanding of Hitachi Products and their integration with the designed solutions.
- Participates in the onboarding and mentoring of other consultants.
- Experience working with structured data/SQL engines including Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Snowflake, Redshift
- Experience in data modeling including ER-modeling, dimensional modeling, data lake, data vault, data mesh
- Experience working with ETL/data integration frameworks including Pentaho, Talend, Informatica, SSIS/ADF, Apache Airflow
- Experience working with unstructured data and NoSQL data engines including MongoDB, Cassandra, Spark, SOLR
- Experience working with business intelligence/data visualization/analytics platforms including Tableau, Qlik, GIS
- Experience working with cloud deployment and management including AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience working with container deployment and management including Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes
- Experience working with messaging protocols including MQTT, AMQP, Kafka
- Experience working with real-time monitoring and visualization technologies including Grafana, InfluxDB
- Experience working with data science including R, SciPy, SAS, Jupyter, statistics, machine learning, algorithms, advanced mathematics, data munging/wrangling
- Experience working with DevOps/continuous integration/continuous deployment standards and tools including Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Vagrant, Github, Maven
- Familiarity with, experience, or education in Java software development, enterprise software architectures, and agile development methodologies are a strong plus
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university with a major in business, economics, computer science, MIS, or related degree required
- Open minded, comfortable working in ambiguous situations
- Superior listening, speaking, presentation and writing skills
- Self-directed with the ability to manage simultaneous engagements with minimal supervision
- Ability to set and manage client expectations and to negotiate appropriate resolutions to issues
- Ability to explain detailed solutions, technical benefits and integration points to management and technical audiences