The Transport & Logistics Manager Europe is responsible to successfully implement and continuously optimize the operation by effectively managing daily operational KPI’s and by driving the continuous improvement of processes, tools and services. The role requires making decisions which impact cost and service on a constant basis with minimal review and requires a broad range of knowledge of transportation market, preferred/potential carriers to effectively lead teams to increasing level of maturity as well as effectively managing escalations. Quality, sales and customer service skills are required in obtaining business and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers/partners.
- Optimize Hitachi Energy transports, considering cost, service (lead time and other shipping requirements) as well as other planning parameters.
- Accountability for delivery against internal and external Service Level Agreements.
- Overall operational responsibility for general cargo and customs transactions in Europe.
- Managing daily operational issues and escalations
- Work closely with transport partners on resolving issues and providing direction.
- Conducting vendor orientations - training and support for new staff and vendors.
- Support business partners on transportation queries, status and problem resolution.
- Support vendor enquiries according to the corporate's processes.
- Standardization of transportation processes - ensures all parties involved follow the nominated processes for transport execution.
- Share, launch and deliver continuous improvement projects within transportation area (Best Practices).
- Performance delivery - monitors and manages the performance delivery of team via frequent KPI supported reviews.
- Training, development and management of the team.
- Acting as a Line Manager for Team Leaders.
- Relevant university degree in Logistics or Business Engineering (Master)
- +10 years’ experience within a supply chain environment with 5 years at management level
- Experience with managing a transport management center / control tower is a pre-requisite
- Knowledge of transportation rules and regulations
- Experience in SAP (purchase to pay, order to cash) and TMS experience like JDA, Oracle, SAP or Eyefreight desirable
- Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple time sensitive tasks in a dynamic environment
- Self-disciplined, able to work autonomously with high degree of initiative and with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Experience in a result driven environment and problem solving and analytical skills
- Professional Presentation skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written) is a must
- Demonstrate high level of people development and leadership skills
- Strong relationship skills and team work
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Internal and external customer orientation (partnership approach) - ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with customers as well as fleet provider personnel
- Proven experience in change management