Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist Supervisor in, and lead in Supervisor’s absence, the day-to-day allocation of resources to achieve production targets.
- Identify, develop, and implement best practices in safety, quality, on-time delivery, and cost reduction.
- Understand and communicate work priorities based on customer needs and resource availability.
- Ensure the team has all necessary parts, tools, information, and instructions in their area.
- Report all barriers to production with a sense of urgency.
- Utilize problem-solving skills and root cause analysis to resolve and/or mitigate operational issues.
- Assist in training employees on the weekly safety topics and ensure compliance to all safety policies.
- Read, interpret and follow basic engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions.
- Have the aptitude to learn, perform, and then ultimately train others to perform all production tasks in their assigned area
- Understand quality specifications and inspection criteria in the work areas and train others to the same
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified.
- Operate material handling equipment, including forklifts and overhead cranes.
- Ensure proper material handling practices are followed and inventory control is maintained through accurate system transactions
- Promote a culture of inclusion and teamwork to ensure a high performing team.
- 3-5 years shop floor manufacturing experience
- 1-3 years of leadership experience preferred
- Experience working as a critical team member and leading a team requiring minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and train others
- Understanding engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures.
- Computer skills (i.e., spreadsheets, data entry, email).
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand, and interpret information from measurement devices.
- Lifting up to 35 lbs, lifting over 35 lbs. requires a lifting device, crane, or assistance from another associate.
- Standing and walking minimum of 8 hours, must be able to bend/stoop, squat/crouch, kneel and twist.
- Forklift, crane, and other material handling operations
- Must understand and comply with Sullair Safety Standards
- Ability to work flexible shifts and overtime
- Critical Thinking
- Process Driven
- Good Communication Skills
- Team Oriented
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Hitachi’s Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Hitach is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.