The Quality Manager will have the responsibility of leading a Quality Assurance Department for a manufacturing operation. The core business is the manufacture of single phase and three phase padmount distribution transformers. Quality Manager will also be responsible for ISO 9001 Standards and Customer Warranty activities.
- Achieves quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets quality assurance financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Develops quality assurance plans by conducting analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures.
- Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Develop and improve the production standards to drive standardization and spread best practices. Drive process standardization in manufacturing and follow changes in the product technology and design.
- Drive process standardization in manufacturing and follow changes in the product technology & design.
- Support plants in overall business process improvements (not only limited to operations).
- Operations improvement - Develops and executes plans to reduce non-value added costs, increase revenues and meet customer specifications by delivering products on time.
- Customer Relations – Ongoing communication with customers and provides support to Sales & Marketing during customer visits to explain and review quality performance.
- Health, safety and environment (HSE) - Ensures compliance with Group health, safety and environmental directives and that regulations are implemented, while monitoring and reporting progress and results. Assesses risks and safety hazards and implements plans to ensure people and equipment safety.
- People leadership and development - Ensures that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates.
- Updates job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- 12 years of professional experience in Quality, Engineering, Operational Excellence, Process Improvement and/or manufacturing.
- 2 years of experience in a Quality Leadership role.
- Knowledge of and experience with ISO 9001 certification process.
- Knowledge of lean practices.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and systemic problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering degree field.
- Six Sigma Certifications
- Previous experience with management of subordinates.
- Proven expertise with Total Quality Management.
- Experience with transformer systems and related technologies.
- Recent experience working with Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, (i.e. Kaizen, 4Q, Process Improvement, Continuous Improvement, DMAIC, Gemba, Root Cause Analysis.
- Experience working with data-driven analytical methodologies for industrial quality applications, especially SPC, Process Capability, Process Performance Analysis.
- Strong analytical skills with data analysis, FMEA, FMECA.
- Experience with auditing under industrial regulations such as: ISO, UL, ANSI.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.