Project Manager with the support of project team is responsible for successful execution/delivery of assigned project(s) on-time, within budget, as per Contract Agreement, with on- quality & safety framework of Hitachi Energy.
Coordinate the daily construction activities at the project site with the objective of ensuring all activities comply with project quality plan, specifications and site program. Plans the activities in order to effectively use resources to meet construction program. Reviews specification drawing in order to resolve any discrepancies or conflicts. Monitors materials, equipment and manpower on site in order to ensure that the appropriate materials is available to meet the construction program timing. A Senior Professional (P3) applies advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience. Responsibilities may include: Managing projects / processes, working independently with limited supervision. Coaching and reviewing the work of lower level professionals. Problems faced are difficult and sometimes complex.
Project Planning and Scheduling
- Plans, monitors and controls project activities, proactively to maximize cash flow.
- Understands critical path scheduling and assures a minimum but sufficient project float.
- Actively strives to optimize overall resource planning and utilization considering resources within the local organization.
- Assures a valid Project Safety plan is in place.
- Considers close out activities and influences for an early close out.
- Identifies and shares lessons learned.
Customer Satisfaction Management in Projects
- Assures Hitachi Energy commitments to customer are met, in accordance with contract.
- Assures and seeks to improve customer satisfaction and feedback through consistent customer interaction, e.g. Communication, (phone, e-mail, etc.) and Customer meetings, kick off, review, etc.
- Works proactively to set customer expectation to assure a smooth project including acceptance of project deliveries and timely payment even under challenging circumstances.
- Encourages openness & respect, and build trust, confidence & loyalty with customers and partners.
- Promotes healthy work-life balance within the project team.
Project Financial and Cost Management
- Understands and use Full Cost Calculation/Model and different revenue recognition methods.
- Understands project exposure
- Controls project cost and cash flow
- Influences project expenditures to maximize cash flow.
Legal and Contract Management for Projects
- Understands Hitachi Energy standard terms and conditions and the impact upon the contract of differing and/or additionally accepted terms and conditions.
- Understands project specific accepted terms and conditions and their application to project contracts, including awareness of risks of negative impact on margin, performance and risk factors.
- Utilizes contract terms and conditions to maximize cash-flow, margin and to limit liabilities, e.g. through insurance
- Forthrightly presents an account of project status/issues in project reviews.
- Reports status/ progress to customer and other stake holders with appropriate detail for desired understanding, e.g. to assure payment, set expectation, etc.
- Raises potential project issues to relevant stake holders.
- Effectively reports project progress or other situations either verbally or in writing to assure desired understanding.
Scope and Change Management for Projects
- Utilizes negotiation skills for scope and change management.
- Is on top of scope including the possible overall impact of what may seem to be minor changes
- Negotiates change orders and additional sales.
- Actively pursues desired changes in order to obtain additional sales, increase margin and to lower risk exposure.
Project Risk and Opportunity Management
- Understands risks as well as what may be causing a change in risk exposure and actions to avoid/mitigate.
- Understands opportunities and how to take advantage of them.
- Identifies and mitigates risks associated with important aspects such as Health and Safety.
- Proactively pursues decided upon mitigation efforts for identified risks.
- Identifies and act upon new risks and opportunities as they occur.
- Assures avoidance/mitigation of liquidated damages and other penalties/claims.
Procurement Management for Projects
- Work actively with a number of suppliers to obtain overall best possible purchase, in cooperation with the supply management function.
- Coordinates/directs project transportation and logistics.
- Reviews status of critical suppliers’ progress and include in overall schedule.
- Initiates 3rd party inspections as required.
- Ensures the proper application of Hitachi Energy supplier qualification process.
- Minimum 5-8 years, experience in managing projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering with relevant domain experience.
- Upholds ethics and values; Demonstrates integrity; Promotes and defends equal opportunities, builds diverse teams; Encourages organizational and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment
- Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others; Adapts to the team and builds team spirit; Recognizes and rewards the contribution of others; Listens, consults others and communicates proactively; Supports and cares for others; Develops and openly communicates self-insight
- Provides others with a clear direction; Sets appropriate standards of behaviour; Delegates work appropriately and fairly; Motivates and empowers others; Provides staff with development opportunities and coaching; Recruits staff of a high calibre
- Establishes good relationships with customers and staff; Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organisation; Relates well to people at all levels; Uses humour appropriately to enhance relationships with others
- Makes a strong personal impression on others; Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating; Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others; Manages conflict; Makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others
Information related skills:
- Analyses numerical data, verbal data and all other sources of information; Breaks information into component parts, patterns and relationships; Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; Makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; Produces workable solutions to a range of problems; Demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system
- Speaks clearly and fluently; Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence; Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; Projects credibility
- Writes clearly, succinctly and correctly; Writes convincingly in an engaging and expressive manner; Avoids the unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language; Writes in a well-structured and logical way; Structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience