You as a Production Development Engineer will be part of Hitachi Energy High Voltage Business based in Dammam, Saudi Arabia. You will be optimizing the Production organization’s assembly methods, processes, and equipment to minimize labor hours in accordance with business strategies related to quality, efficiency, costs, and safety. Working the best to achieve the plant production goals. Implementing highest standard of lean production with flow production line. Fostering a well-trained and motivated staff and establishing a professional team-working environment.
- Defining the working phase sequence of a new production process to achieve the targeted product cost and equipment investment budget.
- Introduction of new processes and products to production.
- Leading the ramping up activities of new processes and products production.
- Responsible in developing Jigs and tools and making sure all jigs, fixtures and tools are in the right place.
- Responsible in creating work instructions and standardizing the process and method of work.
- Responsible in leading the ToP(Transfer of Product and Technology) activities in terms of operations level (Assembly & Testing).
- Responsible in developing suppliers for Jigs or Fixtures and creating purchase requisition via IP portal and manual purchase requisition through SAP.
- Leading the 5S and Kaizen approach and making sure to be implemented in DMM Factory.
- Ensuring appropriate production methods, cycle-time, equipment performance, and materials or components in support of production targets.
- Identifying and recommending improvement opportunities and implementing improvement projects, ensuring adherence to timeframe, quality, and cost requirements.
- Ensuring the production process complies with the project targets.
- Applying lean tools and techniques in the GPS framework.
- Validating the design for processes developed internally or externally and performing final tests with respect to the project.
- Providing support to Production during the internal or external process or equipment start up, participating in the definition of action plans, training of relevant maintenance and production teams, and other support activities.
- Instructing, coaching, and training co-workers and shopfloor staff in Lean (manufacturing) and new processes
- Evaluating new process technologies to improve productivity, quality and cost reduction, defining and leading testing activities, approval criteria and external provider choices.
- Preparing technical documentation regarding the process phases and the related methods and cycle times.
- Working on process documentation, KPIs, traceability parameters, maintenance-, safety instructions.
- Ensuring that updated process and technical documentation are provided to Supply Chain Management (SCM teams to support supplier evaluations and proper supplier agreements.
- Employee shall also carry out any tasks that are assigned by management necessary to fulfil the job requirements.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical or industrial Engineering.
- 2 - 5 years of experience in Production or Manufacturing or Fabrication environment.
- Good understanding of lean concept and applying lean six sigma tools.
- Knowledge in MES (Manufacturing Execution System) or SAP will be added advantage.
- Hands on application of manufacturing methodologies and tools.
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group across a global business.
- Excellent training or presentation skills and experience to train production staff in a classroom or shopfloor environment.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English language is required.