You as a HSE Manager will be part of Hitachi Energy High Voltage Business based in Dammam, Saudi Arabia. You will be working on activities related to the wellbeing of employees including Developing and implementing policies and practices to identifying or mitigating hazardous conditions within the workplace. Identifying potential workplace hazards, unsafe equipment, work practices, and working conditions. Investigating accidents and liaising with engineers, management, and health and safety regulatory authorities to identify causes of accidents and prevent their recurrence. Providing advice and training on safety protocols and conducting audits to ensure compliance with organization and government standards related to employee health and safety.
- Supporting the line organization to report and investigate safety incidents. Feedback on lessons learned and best practice from own unit and across company to management and employees.
- Implementing policies and standards. Ensuring area of responsibility is audited according to the audit program. Assisting line managers and supervisors in understanding obligations, liability and how to fulfil their roles, according to local Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) law and Company Group policy, instructions, and standards.
- Facilitating safety risks assessments, performed by line or project management, to provide HSE knowledge and involving shop floor employees, i.e., those directly concerned by the hazards, and ensures all processes are implemented.
- Driving behavioral change through implementing Group-wide performance improvement programs and practices locally to create an exemplary health and safety culture.
- Engaging external (e.g., customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders) and internal stakeholders to report on, raise awareness and gain commitment on company's safety efforts and performance and obtain objective feedback. Cooperating with other functions, the CoE and business partners to drive safety performance.
- Ensuring that the business will provide the appropriate safety equipment and tools and being used. Identifying, planning, and initiating training need, e.g., for employees, site managers, and agree with, and ensuring delivery of training from the CoE. Ensuring implementation of safety objectives and plans, incident investigations and root cause analysis in respective organization. Supporting the organization to drive and ensuring compliance with Group management systems.
- Contributing to and/or plans and executing safety related projects. Developing and reporting on project objectives. Managing project resources such as manpower, financials, and other relevant factors.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in any field.
- 5 - 10 years of relevant experience in Managing HSE function at Manufacturing Unit.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- NEBOSH certification will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Arabic language is required.