You as a Tender and Quotation Specialist will be part of Hitachi Energy High Voltage Business based in Dammam, Saudi Arabia. You will be creating and completing bids or estimations or quotations based on customer specification or customer requirements or budget in order to achieve both market competitiveness and high margin for the Company.
- Reading tender specifications, proposing the most economical technical solutions to customer requirements, and preparing complete material costing, sales price, and technical documentations as per the tender requirements.
- Collecting and archiving documentation regarding the offer or order and records assumptions and decisions taken during the development process. Regularly reporting the status of the bids or estimates or quotations using defined tools and collecting and analyzing the reasons for tenders being lost and won.
- Supporting sales team in technical clarifications for the submitted offers during bidding stage or order stage. Capable of technical clarification meetings with the clients independently.
- Identifying potential risks in the bids, quotations, and estimates, and in any related contract agreements across customers or channels. Providing information and or participating in the Risk Review process in accordance with Company policy.
- Requires thorough technical knowledge of Company product lines especially H.V. Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS).
- Responsible for collecting and collating all information needed to prepare the proposal, including both technical and cost elements.
- Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs. Ensuring a positive customer experience throughout the sales process. Providing any necessary technical support to Sales Managers during technical meetings with customers.
- Reviewing or Finalizing the EPC order technically and commercially in co-ordination with the related sales engineer.
- Should be capable in managing the set target dates & timely work completion.
- Efficient communication skills to influence internal & external stakeholders.
- Managing the preparation of all technical (e.g., defining the most suitable technology and product type(s)), financial (e.g., total price sheet, cash flow analysis) and if necessary, project management (e.g. quantifies hours of engineering and commissioning) aspects of the bid or estimate or quotation, indicating prices and trading conditions.
- Employee shall also carry out any tasks that are assigned by management necessary to fulfil the job requirements.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in tendering.
- Technical background of H.V. GIS product. Knowledge of AutoCAD tool.
- Time Management skills (ability to work on multiple tenders simultaneously).
- Skills in reading and interpreting engineered plans and specifications.
- Expected to join a “dynamic, challenging and professional environment “.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English language is required.