GlobalLogic is looking for technology game changers to lead one of our OEM customers' into a fundamental transformation within the automotive industry.
As part of that foundation, we are seeking experienced, passionate and creative individual to lead the architectural design of a new and innovative software platform which integrates advanced software functions with cloud connectivity and EDGE processing for the next generation vehicle. The position requires a deep understanding of the unique requirements of automotive embedded software development, as well as a deep understanding of modern software development concepts derived from non-automotive platforms such as Linux, Android, and IOT. In this role, the successful candidate will be breaking new ground and surpassing existing barriers and paradigms for software development and integration in the embedded automotive space.
The position is dedicated to design the new SW components involved in SW update procedures. SW update can be wired, over the air, USB and can address a full ECU, a package of ECUs, an application, a set of data, ... The SW architect has a wide view from off board IT systems to on board HW dependencies.
Necessary Skills to Succeed in this Position
• Ten plus years working in automotive embedded software development in challenging roles developing complex software systems
• Proficiency in C/C++ programming in a multi-process, multi-threaded development environment
• Experience in formal software architecture design and with modern software architecture development tools
• Experience with dynamic linking and loading of software and methods for effective software integration into multiple software execution contexts and domains.
• Experience managing common software resources, and software architecting for programming in a multi-process and shared resource environment
• Understanding of signal and service oriented interface design
• Experience with automotive communication protocols (CAN, Ethernet)
• Understanding of cloud and IoT systems, DDS, B2B & B2C technologies
• Understanding of formal ASPICE, ISO26262 in relation to software development
• Experience working with AUTOSAR classic software architecture design and analysis tools and methods
• Solid understanding of the microprocessor hardware devices and software implications (caches, buses, memory controllers, DMA, etc.)
• At ease in adapting to new technologies and new platforms and methods
Ways to Stand out Above the Rest
• Having a deep understanding of over the air SW update technologies
• Experience working with Linux-like software systems, as well as AUTOSAR software development
• Experience with architecting software for ISO 26262 functional safety, including ASIL decomposition, program flow monitoring, effective utilization of multi-core software architecture
• Experience working with AUTOSAR Adaptive software architecture, and Service-Oriented software design
• Having a multi-domain development background which includes Linux, AUTOSAR, and Android
• Deep understanding of memory management and virtualization concepts
• Deep understanding of kernel level security concepts
• Deep understanding of cloud technologies REST, MQQT, AMQP, TCP/UDP system Integrations for complex data flow management
• Experience with hardware acceleration platforms such as HSM, GTM, or dedicated hardware
Tools: IBM Rhapsody, CANdelaJob Responsibilities:
• Research the latest tools and technologies with the goal to develop a completely new paradigm for SW update procedures
• Collaborate with suppliers, partners, SW and HW engineers to rearchitect software into a more robust and run-time adaptable user experience, in order to meet the challenges of flexibility for the SW defined vehicle
• Regularly engage with key stakeholders to provide technical support and guidance for the architecture implementation and rollout
• Responsibility for the design and documentation of the architectural concept and design implementation, providing project tracking and status reports to senior leadership, proactively resolving issues/conflicts within the system design team
• Responsibility for project milestones and quality, and ensuring that the architecture satisfies all business and system requirements
• Meeting regularly with the deployment leads to ensure timely delivery of projects, and attend Customer and Supplier weekly/daily meetings.
• Develop Architecture Requirements Document that consists of (Architecture System/Feature Flows, Context Flows Features & Functions, Use Case Flows Component, Features & Functions, System/Feature Input /Output Flows, System Integration/Interface Flows, Logical Architecture- E2E system, Architecture DFEMA).
• Participate in meetings to identify Functions, Components in vehicle, Service provider, 3rd party for all Features Provide multiple technical alternatives and present to the management the best System logical architecture Develop overall logical architecture for components.
Most common tasks will focus on Software architecture, design the interaction of the FOTA master with the small ECUs, design the diagnostic frameworkWhat We OfferEmpowering Projects:
With 500+ clients spanning diverse industries and domains, we provide an exciting opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking projects that leverage cutting-edge technologies. As a team, we engineer digital products that positively impact people's lives.Empowering Growth:
We foster a culture of continuous learning and professional development. Our dedication is to provide timely and comprehensive assistance for every consultant through our dedicated Learning & Development team, ensuring their continuous growth and success.DE&I Matters:
At GlobalLogic, we deeply value and embrace diversity
. We are dedicated to providing equal
opportunities for all individuals, fostering an inclusive
and empowering work environment.Career Development:
Our corporate culture places a strong emphasis on career development, offering abundant opportunities for growth. Regular interactions with our teams ensure their engagement, motivation, and recognition. We empower our team members to pursue their career goals with confidence and enthusiasm.Comprehensive Benefits:
In addition to equitable compensation, we provide a comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes the overall well-being of our consultants. We genuinely care about their health and strive to create a positive work environment.Flexible Opportunities:
At GlobalLogic, we prioritize work-life balance by offering flexible opportunities tailored to your lifestyle. Explore relocation and rotation options for diverse cultural and professional experiences in different countries with our company.About GlobalLogic
GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world.
By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise-we help our clients imagine what's possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow's digital businesses.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries.
GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.