You as a Tendering & Sales Specialist will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Cairo, Egypt. You will be supporting the Grid Automation sales organization and customers in determining the most technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions and in the preparation of demanding offers. Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, ensuring a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Drawing up competitive proposals for system solutions including cost calculation and supplier quotations based on a suitable product mix and taking into account both technical and commercial aspects.
- Managing the sales support and administrative procedures within the sales process including tender and risk review, strategic definition of the scope of delivery, definition of suitable terms and conditions.
- Ensuring tenders are well documented and presented in a timely manner, provide technical support for Sales Managers during meetings.
- Overseeing the preparation of proposals through internal and external resources, assign and allocate resources for technical support and proposal preparation.
- Supporting growth opportunities with existing and new customers.
- Identifying potential vendors for requisite equipment and materials, cross-check offers with specifications, and assist supply management in coordinating requests to subcontractors.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree Electrical Engineering or similar, ideally with a focus on power engineering.
- A minimum of 5+ years of project execution know how as Lead/System engineer, eventually commissioning (or comparable role) in the field of substation automation, control, and protection.
- Ideally first experience in Sales, Bid & Proposal or Sales support in the field of substation automation, control and protection and Telecommunication.
- Proven track record from working either with electrical utility, system integrator, or technical consultant in the field of substation automation, control and protection.
- Competent in using MS office and MS Vision.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (written and spoken).
- Willingness to travel as part of business assignments (up to 25%)
- Flexibility and interest in working within an international team.