Hitachi Energy North America is seeking an experienced sales development leader who has successfully led the functional training and skillset development to transform our highly talented and successful sales force into extended markets and expand high-level customer relationships into the digital (CIO) contacts of our customers’ organization.
Our Sales Training and Transformation Director will drive key aspects of our front-end sales (FES) team development to achieve business growth in key pillars of our 2027 vision, including digital, service, and new market penetration and new solution selling. through skill development needed to achieve the goals.
The position combines building a regional sales transformation strategy, identifying the appropriate suppliers with expertise in key development areas as well as directly designing and delivering programs to the sales team.
- Conduct initial needs analysis to determine initial knowledge strengths, gaps, and training needs.
- Define, design, develop and continuously advance the NAM FES skills development plan including training curricula across North America based on 2027 strategy and needs working closely with Marketing & Sales and Human Resources.
- Frequently collaborate with Region Head of North America and leaders of the US, Canada, and Mexico country sales teams to identify and analyze needs/skill gaps. Additionally, work closely with the Global M&S Competence Development Leader to align regional strategy with global.
- Region ownership of the Sales Functional Competency Assessment (FCA) process, partnering closely with country teams and HR to ensure execution and interpretation of the identified development areas as an input to the sales development and transformation strategy. Function as an assessor in the FCA process.
- Based on prior experience, select top sales development suppliers to deliver needed programs to sales leaders, account managers and others ensuring a match of tailored program content to the Hitachi Energy needs for the future.
- Partner with HR to coordinate the functional aspects of individual development plans to ensure that we continue to reinforce development and organization succession plans.
- Responsible for developing training programs based on industry trends, best practices, and legal requirements.
- Conducting training sessions with sales employees to provide new skills and knowledge needed to perform their jobs effectively.
- Develop competencies and evangelists in line with market strategy.
- Focus on training for digital and service to align with the 2030 growth ambition
- Support the recruitment, selection, and onboarding of employees for functional knowledge of strategy, training program. Engage in candidate evaluation and employee coaching as requested by HR and sales leadership.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Business, or other related discipline.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
Key role in the transformation of a sales/account management organization to new markets, technology and to outreach to new customer contacts at the “C suite” level.
- Driving development of software selling skills.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in combination of direct sales and learning/training with focus on sales professional development.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively in a global organization, aligning to global strategy while ensuring local market and customer relationships are assessed and development needs designed accordingly.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.