Job ID: JRA22541
Date Posted: Oct 20, 2023
Segment: Connective Industries
Business Unit: Hitachi Industry & Distribution
Company Name: JR Automation
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-Time
As a Senior Technical Mechanical Engineer, you will work with some of the most talented engineers in the automation industry. This role will enable you to serve as a technical expert who will impact operations while integrating some of the most state of the art robotics & technology available. The innovative solutions we work on offer diverse experiences that will strengthen your skills and challenge your abilities.
What You’ll Do:
· Explore new technologies and technology optimization.
· Coordinate and partner with departments, divisions, and organizations to solve engineering problems.
· Provide technical support and guidance to managers and teams encompassing all phases of projects.
· Support quoting teams by being a resource in the field and by developing feasible concepts and estimating costs.
· Ensure multidisciplinary design efforts are in compliance with technical standards.
· Proposes new business projects and improvements.
· Author industry papers and present at conferences.
Note: This list of responsibilities is not inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field OR Associates degree with 2 years of related experience
· Professional Engineer OR other technical Certifications preferred
· 10+ years of related experience
· Postgraduate degree can substitute for some experience.
Skills You’ll Have:
· Experienced with CAD software (e.g. SolidWorks, Creo, NX, AutoCAD).
· Technical expert across engineering disciplines.
· Strong knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of JR and competitors products and services.
· Up to 20 Percent to customer sites & other JR locations
· Negotiate critical issues with internal and customer engineers and leaders.
· Conduct presentations and may participate in media interviews.
· Serve as a cross-discipline project, people, technology and thought leader.
· Represent the organization at industry related conferences, associations and committees.
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!