We're Hitachi Vantara, a global infrastructure business. Our people are the force of meaningful progress. We enable the incredible with data - from taking theme park fans on magical rides, conserving natural resources, protecting rainforests to saving lives. We empower businesses to automate, optimize and advance innovation. Together, we create a sustainable future for all.
Imagine the sheer breadth of talent it takes to inspire he future. We don't expect you to 'fit' every requirement - your life experience, character, perspective, and passion for achieving great things in the world are equally important to us.What You Will Be Doing
Hitachi Vantara is looking for a strategic Conga/Apttus Pricing Administrator to help plan for and deliver operational innovation, value creation, and price optimization.
You will innovate through the design and enhancement of pricing-related systems and processes. This role is scoped broadly to manage and deliver target price guidance, agile pricing and packaging system capabilities, automation of business rules, and operational analytics to our global and local cross-functional stakeholders. More importantly, in this role your focus is on making it easier and more valuable for our customers, partners, and prospects to do business with us.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining, and optimizing the operational systems and processes that support CPQ capabilities. In addition, you will identify, propose, and help to lead the execution of improvements across pricing processes and systems to create operational efficiencies, optimize revenue and margins, and deliver better pricing outcomes.
This position lives in our Pricing Strategy and Enablement team. You will have the opportunity to work with and learn from Sales Operations, IT, Partner Operations, Sales, Pre-Sales, Customer Support, Customer Success, and Finance at all levels of the organization. You will also collaborate with suppliers of our pricing capabilities (Conga, PROS, SFDC, etc.), as well as provide occasional support of system-related inquiries from field sales personnel.What you will be doing Focus on "What are we making better for others?"
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Drive, influence and help to lead the design and implementation of processes and systems to enable Sales and our selling partner community to optimize their value capture and operational efficiency
- Developing dynamic and agile pricing tools to effectively respond to changing market needs and trends
- Verify and maintain pricing functionality within and across pricing-related systems
- Support the reporting of the business impact of pricing workflows, systems, and processes, and recommend changes to Strategic Pricing Operations leadership to improve financial performance and operational benefits
- Deliver global and localized pricing capabilities that meet or innovate the market expectation
- Assess requirements and data from a variety of sources to gain insights, drive decision-making, and monitor success
- Keep the organization informed on industry trending for pricing and packaging capabilities, and methods, and forward-thinking
- Be the subject matter expert and expert user for Conga pricing features and functionality - own and operate pricing engine rules, validations, etc.
- Work with Sales Operations and Partner Operations to define, configure, test, and maintain the Approval Workflow process in its entirety for each monetization model.
- Bachelor's Degree, plus 5-8 years related experience
- Excellent Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills. Excel macro experience a plus
- Experience using Conga CPQ (formerly Apttus), Salesforce.com, Tableau, Power BI, PROS, Vendavo, Zilliant, Model N, or other similar data reporting and pricing tools with large datasets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Development experience in Apttus/Conga CPQ
- Deep understanding of Conga CPQ and CLM processes & system
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; strategic systems & process thinker
- Ability to apply sound business judgment, personal initiative and resourcefulness
- Ability to successfully operate in a dynamic environment and work with changing business requirements
- Must have experience in X-Author for Excel; X-Author Contracts experience would be nice to have , but not required
- Understanding of product configuration management: products, bundles, inclusion rules, recommendation rules, constraint rules
- Bonus points given if you have completed Conga CPQ 201/202 training, and CLM Essentials
If you can provide vision, planning, design, and ownership, please apply!
Price Dimensions, Price Matrix, Price Ruleset, Field Expressions, Related Pricing, Tier Pricing, Dependent Pricing, Products, Pricing, Catalog, XAuthor, Shopping Cart, Constraint Rules, and Product Attribute Rules
As required by the equal pay and transparency acts, the expected base salary for this position is:
Tier One Location (including New York, and San Francisco): $116,000 - $155,000
Tier Two Location (including Colorado, Seattle, and the rest of California): $101,000 - $144,000
Tier Three Location (including the rest of Washington State): $81,000 - $115,000
The expected pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's bonus/variable pay programs, where applicable, and are subject to the program's conditions and restrictions.