Using agile/scrum methodology as software development practice, the applicant will develop and maintain various features of client's flagship application clientWorks, multiple client APIs and other cross-platform software applications. As a Software Engineer, the applicant will perform Full-Stack software development using ASP.NET, C#, SQL and other software development technologies. The applicant will design, create, modify and test clientWorks software application as well as analyze and design company-wide databases. The applicant will use many software design architectures which primarily includes microsystems architecture and three-tier architecture to restructure legacy software system. Additionally, various internal and 3rd party APIs will be used for multi-server communication via a wide range of RESTful web services. The candidate will analyze, review and troubleshoot complex codebase using Object Oriented Principles, Design Patterns, and SOLID principles.Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or related field with 2+ years of related work experience or master's degree in computer science or related field
• Experience with professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, and continuous integration and testing
• Experience designing, maintaining, and debugging full stack web applications in Visual Studio
• Significant experience working with Relational Database Design
• Excellent object-oriented design skills
• Strong experience with SQL Server and Database Management Systems
• Strong knowledge of Algorithms and Data Structures
• Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Web Services experience
• Experience using Git version control software
• Experience with Domain Driven Design
• Experience with Test Driven DevelopmentJob Responsibilities:
• Design, develop, and maintain multiple software applications using C# and ASP.NET framework via Visual Studio development engine and SQL Server Management Studio to make them more scalable, maintainable, secure, and efficient.
• Adhere to systematic software development practices which includes SOLID principles and primary design patterns.
• Creates unit tests, integration test, server-performance tests, and database management tests on Visual Studio Testing framework.
• Run complex multi-thread debugging on visual studio debuggers and client-side browser debuggers.
• Consult with business analysts and end-users to analyze and understand functions, client needs, objectives, desired features, and business requirements which are automated into software solutions.
• Perform grooming, planning, daily stand-ups and retrospections with the assigned scrum teams to convert business specifications from business analysts into real-time software solutions within 2 weeks of time frame.
• Conduct reviews, approvals, and guides 3rd party contractors' and computer programmers' software updates.
• Perform maintenance of existing custom software, including end-user support via support tickets.
• Monitor and document performance improvements of software solutions after implementation.
• Implement a complex deployment life cycle by using bitbucket GIT repositories and Azure DevOps via version-based releases and PowerShell scripts.
• Write and maintain functional and technical specifications via systematic documentation processing.What We OfferExciting Projects:
Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.Collaborative Environment:
Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment - or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!Work-Life Balance:
GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.We offer you the best quality of work life so that you exceed the expectations of our clients, while achieving your professional and personal ambitions.Professional Development:
Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes English classes, professional certifications, and technical and soft skill trainings. We also offer the chance to travel internationallyExcellent Benefits:
We provide our employees with competitive salaries, family medical insurance, extended paternity leave, annual performance bonuses, and referral bonuses.About GlobalLogic
GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world.
By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise-we help our clients imagine what's possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow's digital businesses.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries.
GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.