We are looking for an Area Sales Manager for our Transformers Business Unit, in Córdoba (Spain). Reporting to the Product Marketing Manager you will support the defined Sales organization and customers throughout the sales process in the assigned area.
- Supporting the Sales team and customers throughout the sales process, while developing new and existing business by increasing internal and external knowledge of products and markets.
- Participating in sales strategy discussions, assigning short- and long-term goals and negotiating the various Product Group sales budgets and marketing plans.
- Identifying customer needs and competitor offers through market analysis, ensuring efficient marketing actions and communications demonstrate the value proposition of the products, systems, service and packages.
- Supporting the area Sales organization/customers in determining the most technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions and providing technical support, product presentations and product/solution/service-related training.
- Taking ownership of specific customer cases to ensure efficient customer issue resolution and analyzing the root cause of any lost proposals, to increase future competitiveness.
- Performing sales performance reviews, proposing recovery plans in cases of potential order shortfalls and providing regular sales activity reports to assist in production planning.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Industrial Engineering.
- More than 5 years of experience in direct sales and sales management.
- Sound knowledge of Hitachi ABB Power Grids products and services, and the power generation market.
- Current work permit valid in Spain.
- Fluent English and Spanish, both written and spoken.
- Experience in business development, account management and cross-selling across systems, solutions, products and service categories.
- Understanding of contract negotiation, risk management and commercial and legal terms.
- Exceptional communication and negotiating skills, customer-focused mindset and a professional, “can-do” attitude