Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated O&M Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Lima- PERU.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
- Ensure the proposal of Budget O&M Engineering activities on projects as well as O&M operating costs;
- Ensure apportionment of O&M project requirements;
- Ensure appropriate Asset Management strategy;
- Ensure on time provision of O&M deliverables in accordance with project schedule and budget;
- Ensure the preparation and issuing of guidelines for O&M Manuals, Training, Spare Parts, Special Tools, Pricing documents;
- Ensure preparation and delivery of Operational analysis, Operation and Maintenance Plans, Operation & Maintenance Manuals, Procedures, and Mobilization Plan, Obsolescence Management Plan, Condition Based Maintenance topics;
- Ensure preparation and delivery of Configuration Management Plans and Obsolescence Management Plan;
- Ensure the preparation and review of Design Change requests and participate in design review activities proposed by the DB team;
- Ensure the actual and effective execution of the handover (transfer of requirements and review of design during project life cycle) from Design and Build team to The Operator;
- Ensure the preparation of Technical specifications for spare parts and service contracts;
- Ensure the analysis of performance data (both operation & maintenance);
- Ensure the implementation and the execution of failure report analysis and corrective action identification;
- Ensure the definition, execution and updating of the Mobilization Plan;
- Ensure the review of manuals delivered by the subcontractors;
- Participate to projects, bidding and delivery phases within project schedule.
- Support the Hand Over Finalization
- Support, from Technical perspective the Maintenance activities
- Support the Warranty period
- Pioneering Spirt
- Minimum 3 years railway system engineering experience and knowledge of the integrated systems that comprise a metro system, the architechural design of each sub-system, and the interfaces between them; including but not limited to the signalling, power supply, rolling stock, MEPS sub-systems, telecoms, civil works, platform screen doors
- knowledge and experience in application of the rules and regulations (applicable to local and/or international environment) pertaining railway traffic management, train driving, access to track and working trackside, working with high, medium, low voltage equipment; The skill include basic knowledge of commonly used railway safety management systems.
- International experience and ability to manage internationals projects
- Knowledge of maintainability design and implementation process. The skill includes the ability to review maintenance documentation from sub-suppliers, the ability to plan maintenance activities necessary to keep systems or equipment in full operation.
- Knowledge of Maintenance task and its economical impact on the Total Cost of Ownership
- Willing to take on big challenges with large-scale International projects
- techniques and ways to handle the relationship with a supplier in a integrated supply chain approach;
- Experience in commissioning of railway System
- Willing to cover global role
- Excellent communication skills
- Person on which is easy to work with
- Negotiation Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Experience in modern Lean and Agile Organization
Engineering Degree or equivalent technical background.
Fluent Knowledge of Spanish and English (written & spoken).