Job ID: R0034647
Date Posted: Nov 28, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY UK LIMITED
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals, and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current) is a product group in Hitachi Energy, which develops, manufactures, and sells DC transmission systems on a global market. HVDC technology is used to transmit electricity over long distances and for power transmission via submarine cables. It is also used to connect power systems.
Auxiliary commissioning team is global team under HVDC construction and commissioning division. The team consists of commissioning engineers in different aux systems such as Aux power, climate/ HVAC, Fire, and other building services. We are a global team with multicultural background collaboration with multidisciplinary professionals, and we look forward you to join us! This is a job you can travel extensively all over the world!
Please note the role is 75% site based (Norwich, Hull, Scotland, some European) and 25% home/office based in Birmingham City Centre).
Please note we are unbale to provide any visa sponsorship for this position.
· HVAC system Equipment commissioning / startup
· Signal interface Commissioning for HVAC, fire detection, BMS system and other building services
· Preparing test instruction/test record documentation
· Cost estimation for Aux system commissioning
· Collaboration with equipment suppliers/contractor
· Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
· Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, fire, building service or equivalent
· Experience in commissioning HVAC, fire, BMS system
· Good communication skills in English
· You are a great team player and ready to collaborate with different entities in the project
· Experience in Auxiliary system commissioning in high voltage industry is favorable
· CFPA, NFPA certification is beneficial
· You are ready to travel extensively and sometimes on very short notice for period of 1-2 months initially Norwich, Hull, Scotland and possibly Europe)