Chief Duties and /or Responsibilities:
- Responsible for filing and managing Import Security Filings (ISF)
- Conduct export screening and “prohibited parties” approvals as required by Federal law mandates.
- Input Data from suppliers and freight forwarders into sight draft (Aurora)
- Logistics tracking and tracing. Coordinate deliveries.
- Filing E214 Admissions through US customs software program
- Filing 01 Entries and 06 Scrap Entries to US Customs
- Process weekly Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) reports
- Responsible for accurate electronic file management
- Email management – will receive several hundred per day – file/ process/ follow ups
- Approving Freight Bills- managing excel sheet for reimbursement list to bill back suppliers and customers
- Auditing of Import entry documents
- Quarterly Harbor Maintenance Filing with US Gov’t
- Cross train on some IEG compliance tasks such as Country of origin weekly report as example
- Excellent communication skills to support day to day tasks and processes with internal and external contacts.
- Cross train on other FTZ programs and tasks
- Continuous Education required – Internal or External Training - yearly
- Assist on other projects as needed or back up co-workers
- Import/ Export experience preferred
- FTZ experience preferred
- Knowledge of Incoterms
- Possession of sound computer skills- Microsoft, Excel, Word, Aurora
- Ability to communicate and represent Hitachi in a professional manner via telephone, email and in person.
- Be able to multi task and have excellent follow up skills
- Critical thinking/reasoning skills
- Problem solving skills
- Great Organizational skills
- Must be dependable.
- Accuracy is a must!
- Great time management skills
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.