We are looking for Sr. software design engineer who can work on virtual ECU simulation technology.
The primary responsibility of this role is to support deployment and maintenance of VECU (Virtual ECU). Simulation of the ECU is becoming more popular and useful in the automotive industry.Until now Software development timing has always been challenging due its dependency on hardware availability. VECU is the technology that’s helping companies to reduce the dependency on hardware for the software development. This role will provide an opportunity to work on this technology and contribute to this developing trend in the Automotive industry.
Includes the following (other duties may be documented and assigned by local management and some duties may not apply dependent upon the requirements of the position at each specific (HIAMS)AM site and/or the strengths of the employee and the needs of the company):
- Develop or integrate complete software virtual solutions for different components/features of the real target embedded software.
- Implement software solution that are applicable to different platforms (linux, windows, real time PC) for 32/64 bit machines.
- Software requirements analysis, efforts estimations, module and integration tests, debugging of VECU and real ECU.
- Be responsible for the test execution, analysis of test reports, documentation of test scripts in qualifying VECU as solution for release testing.
- Be the direct interface with the customer to clarify requirements and propose solutions.
- Have close copoperation with international teams/partners for providing VECU solutions.
- Possess strong knowledge of software debug tools, and trace tools such as Lauterbach, P&E Micro, etc).
- Experience working with hardware in the loop (HIL) systems from vendors such as ETAS and dSPACE.
- Familiarity with CAN analysis tools and script generation, from vendors such as Vector and Intrepid Control Systems.
- Able to use automotive measurement and calibration tools such as ETAS INCA or ATI Vision. Understand concept of emulation calibration data memory and ASAP display table measurements.
- Familiar with low level drivers such as ADC, PWM, GPIO, timer modules, SPI, SCI, LIN, CAN-FD, SENT, DMA, external bus interfaces, memory management units, ECC, flash memory, etc.
- Familiar with real-time operating systems (RTOS), interrupt service routines, exception handlers, task scheduling, and multi-core CPU operation.
- Programming languages: Python, CAPL, Embedded C/C++, Matlab/Simulink
- Tools: VEOS, Automation Desk, Control Desk, System Desk, Vector CANoe, Canalyzer, IBM ALM tools
- Automotive Comunication protocols: CAN, CAN-FD, FlexRay
Knowledge skills and abilities:
- Microcontrollers. 32-bit automotive multi-core micros. Renesas E2x/RH850 family; Infineon Aurix TCxx family; NXP S32 family.
- Microcontroller Hardware. Timers (GTM,TPU,WDT), Memory (RAM, FLASH, ECC, DMA), Peripherals (ADC,PWM,GPIO,CAN,SENT,UART,LIN,SPI), Safety (SMU, FCCU), etc.
- Hardware IC Devices. High side drivers, low side drivers, H-Bridge, injection drivers, knock drivers, solenoid drivers, WRAF drivers, CAN Transceivers, etc.
- Software Design Tools. Requirements modeling, UML modeling, AUTOSAR configuration, RTOS configuration, Application Lifecycle Management (ALM).
- Software Development Tools. Cross compilers, static code analysis, in-circuit debuggers, serial communication tools, HIL systems, measurement & calibration tools.
- Test Equipment. Oscilloscope, multimeter, logic analyzer, current probes, function generator, etc.
- Software Process/Standards. V-Model, MISRA, ASPICE, ISO26262
- Communication Protocols. CAN, CANFD, LIN, SENT, Ethernet. UDS, GMLAN, FNOS, J1939, IEEE15765.
- Application Domains. Powertrain Controllers, Basic Software (BSW)
- Software Architecture. Basic Software, Low Level Drivers, Board Support Package, Boot Code, BIOS, MCAL
- Ability to read schematics, electrical block diagrams, and IC datasheets
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Nice to have: Previous experience with simulations like modeling, systemC, co-simulation platforms and FMI is considered a plus.
Additionally, the ability to work independently with minimal direction is required as are strong verbal and written communication skills. Experience with PCs and application software, such as MS Office tools is also required.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5+ years' experience in writing embedded software in C with knowledge of Eclipse IDE or similar preferred
Job level determined by various factors such as organization size, responsibility, career stage, and capabilities.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
- Physical Demands: Required to sit or stand for long periods of time. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Travel: Domestic and international may be required as needed. The candidate will occasionally need to travel to multiple global locations to support project development
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.