We're Hitachi Vantara, a global infrastructure business. Our people are the force of meaningful progress. We enable the incredible with data - from taking theme park fans on magical rides, conserving natural resources, protecting rainforests to saving lives. We empower businesses to automate, optimize and advance innovation. Together, we create a sustainable future for all.
Imagine the sheer breadth of talent it takes to inspire he future. We don't expect you to 'fit' every requirement - your life experience, character, perspective, and passion for achieving great things in the world are equally important to us.The role
We are looking for a Senior Competitive Marketing Analyst to cover our unstructured data portfolio including object, file and partner products to enable and support our sales organization in competitive situations. They will also provide key internal stakeholders with actionable and impactful competitive data, insights and recommendation to drive our current business and strategy.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategic Marketing, the Senior Competitive Marketing Analyst will research competitors, customer data and intelligence, market trends, technology, and other forces to position Hitachi Vantara with the greatest possible competitive advantage. This is a competitive intelligence position with a primary focus on our unstructured data portfolio including object storage, file storage and related partner products.
• Provide analysis of competitor's market activities including positioning, strengths/weaknesses, competitive tactics and responses for field sales use. Deliver key insights and recommendations through battlecards, presentations, written reports, webinars and one on one consultations with sales.
• Analyze competitors' announcements, product/solutions, services, partnerships, financial data and strategy to identify competitive threats and opportunities.
• Provide competitive analysis in support of business development, product management, product marketing, and specific launch and announcement events
• Keep current on all key competitors and related sources of competitive intelligence and data. These include but are not limited to IBM COS, Dell (ECS, ObjectScale, Isilon), Pure Storage FlashBlade, Scality, Cloudian, NetApp StorageGRID, Nutanix, VAST, Qumulo and others
• Develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders to identify key needs and methods of delivering the right intelligence at the right time to the right person. This includes giving feedback back to Product Management, Product and Product Marketing to help inform the product roadmap.
• Promote the use of competitive intelligence within the sales organization and other internal stakeholders.
• Act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities, product launches, and trainings. What you'll bring
• Primary qualifications (include skills, years of experience, education, knowledge, etc.):
• 10-15 years experience in competitive intelligence, product management, presales or technical product marketing within the unstructured data, object and file storage industry.
• Competitive and market knowledge of unstructured data, file and object storage products, solutions and related services.
• Strategic thinker who can synthesize and then communicate ideas, insights and recommendations in written or verbal form as well as present to small and large groups
• Demonstrated inquisitive nature, desire to learn, and dig for information.
• Highly skilled in using Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
• BA required.
• Capability to work independently to manage multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously, exercising independent judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
As required by the equal pay and transparency acts, the expected base salary for this position is:
Tier One Location (including New York City and California Bay Area): $116,000 -$165,500
Tier Two Location (including Colorado, Seattle, and the rest of California): $101,000 - $144,000
Tier Three Location (including the rest of Washington State): $81,000 - $115,000
The expected pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's bonus/variable/commission pay programs, where applicable, and are subject to the program's conditions and restriction.