Hitachi Energy is seeking a Project Manager for its Raleigh, NC location. In this critical role, you will manage eMobility projects across North America. The candidate will report to the North America eMobility business leadership.
- Ensure that the project is planned and performed within the cost and time limits, and in agreement with the contractual requirements at the customer satisfaction.
- Define clearly interfaces between all stakeholders and develop a clear Division of Responsibilities wherever required.
- Develop the schedule, including where applicable, engineering, procurement, manufacturing, delivery, construction, pre-commissioning, and commissioning activities.
- Monitor the progress of the different phases of the Project in respect with the project control and produce periodic progress reports for customer and internal review.
- Validate the project budget and monitor monthly the estimate at completion.
- Manage changes, risk, and opportunity in order to meet the profitability targeted.
- Develop the project execution plan and support the development of the quality plan and EH&S plan.
- Follow the project management processes and stage gate model in project execution.
- Contract review – Review of the general commercial conditions, specific conditions as well as quality, packing, shipping, and documentation requirements for contracts.
- Manage the Procurement process including planning, tracking of the production process, management of subcontractors and contract manufacturers, delivery, and payment to subcontractors.
- Manage the net working capital situation.
- Support the site management in the execution of site works (when applicable).
- Pursue project opportunities for additional sales.
- Ensure accurate and complete financial follow-up and forecasting, including Cost of Poor Quality.
- Perform periodic Risk and Opportunity Management including the corresponding mitigation and action plans.
- Ensure that Environment Health & Safety and Quality requirements are applied.
- Validate the payment schedule (including the list of milestones). Responsible for invoicing to customers.
- Obtain the required permits, insurances, financial guarantees and bounds.
- Ensure proper follow-up of project documentation including correspondence.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- English – Spoken and written (5/5).
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing engineered product delivery projects.
- Excellent communication, management, and leadership skills.
- Strong organization skills, proactive, result oriented.
- Business minded.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Strong ability to influence people and building trust and credibility.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage several tasks and solve complex issues involving many stakeholders.
- Very good knowledge of the contractual, legal and commercial aspects.
- Flexibility, tact, and diplomacy.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering is an asset.
- Bilingual French or Spanish is an asset.
- Experience in manufacturing of engineered products in electrical or transportation sectors is an asset.
- PMP certification (Project Management Professional) is an asset;
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.