Job ID: R0034294
Date Posted: Nov 21, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY ITALY S.P.A.
Profession (Job Category): Sales, Marketing & Product Management
Job Type (Experience Level): Senior Management
Job Schedule: Full time
For our Grid Automation Business Unit we are looking for Sales Manager North-West Europe.
Plan and ensure execution of the sales strategy for the assigned area, to achieve both qualitative and quantitative targets for products, systems and services in a profitable way. Responsible for leading, developing and coaching the Sales organization proactively, to exceed the sales targets through high performance in order to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Leads and develops the grid automation sales teams in UK, IE, NO, SE, FI and DK plus several allocated small countries.
- Has the accountability for substation automation systems and products orders in the region.
- Has the responsibility for automation and communication orders in the region.
- Develops the pipeline for the complete portfolio of
automation and communication,
enterprise software including asset management, ETRM, etc.
network control systems and service
grid edge systems including battery energy storage.
- Leads the active customer management and development in close alignment with the country sales teams.
- Creates, plans and implements sales strategy, and strategic sales and business development initiatives, in alignment with HBU/ BU sales strategy.
- Achieves sales targets in respect of both budgets and sales efficiency.
To achieve this the Sales Manager North-West Europe
- Establishes sales targets and ensures sales achievement through regular oversight and definition and implementation of improvement plans as needed.
- Identifies opportunities at existing and potential new customers within the region.
- Coordinates the flow of information for sales activities and transactions, including leads, billings, orders, contracts, etc. and evaluates data to ensure achievement of goals. Monitors and provides reports to the Marketing and Sales organization on market intelligence.
- Supports the development of strong relationships with key customers. Builds and maintains strong relationships with key decision makers. Ensures efficient marketing communications.
- Ensures achievement of sales volume and product mix targets by setting appropriate price and margin for sales. Participates on negotiations of key contracts.
- Ensures (with HRBP support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Coaches, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies. Drives and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- At least 10 years of experience, and 5 years leading a sales/commercial team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent - Engineering, Business/Economics and Information Systems degrees preferred