Job ID: R0035425
Date Posted: Oct 31, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY THE NETHERLANDS B.V.
Profession (Job Category): Human Resources
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Part time
Reporting to Global Head of C&B, this role will provide high-level support and advice in the areas of Compensation & Benefits, in alignment with HR strategy. Represents the needs of C&B to the Center of Expertise (CoE) and collaborates with HR Business Partners and GBS to provide seamless service to the business.
Scope of this role is Benelux, for a 6-month replacement starting January 2024.
You are either based in The Netherlands or Belgium. This is a remote role, with the possibility to work from or meet in our offices in Jumet, Zaventem or Rotterdam.
“Compensation & Benefits function supports the business in attracting and retaining right talent in a competitive market environment. With overarching commitment to keep our “deal” competitive externally while ensuring we are consistent and equitable within the organization. We achieve this by providing specialist knowledge and expertise to deliver C&B solutions, advice, compliance and risk mitigation to our people and the business.”
• Develop and manage local compensation strategy as part of global compensation strategy in consultation with business.
• Evaluate, research, recommend, implement and communicate organizations total compensation strategies aligned with short and long term business goals.
• Provide consultative technical expertise, advice and guidance regarding compensation matters to management teams in order to support business.
• Partner with HR Business Partners to monitor and analyze issues related to compensation within the company and the external market, such as turnover, recruitment, government regulations, market data/surveys, competitive practices in order to forecast the impact on the organization.
• Build and maintain job evaluations, structures and salary surveys to ensure the achievement of equitable and competitive employee compensation.
• Communicate policies, practices, and guidelines effectively to all levels.
• Remain current on market trends/ practices, legal/regulatory changes, labor practices and business patterns within the region with a focus on emerging economies.
• Maintain and partner with talent team to provide compensation support, training and guidance.
• Select and manage effective external partnerships as required to engage in the development and/or delivery of compensation and benefit plans.
• Plan and manage assigned projects to ensure successful achievement of objectives, schedules and budgets.
A confident individual that is able to maintain relationships in the business at varying levels of seniority. Must possess good communication skills and enjoys work that is complex and detailed in nature and involves providing an analysis of information and trends back to the business.
Main skills required for the role include, but are not limited to:
• A Minimum of 8 years of HR experience within which at least 3 years experience in core C&B matters and a Bachelors degree in HR, Legal, Economics or Finance.
• A strong knowledge of C&B challenges, local labour laws, competitive benefit programs that are offered in the markets.
• Adequate experience to be able to operate at a Group level and influence key stakeholders.
• Good IT skills and the ability to manipulate data to report on trends and common themes.
• Should be comfortable working within an international environment and across diverse cultures.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Fluent in spoken and written Dutch, French and English