Our client is a leading US-based manufacturer of medical devices developing innovative medical systems and services that provide patient monitoring and cardiology diagnostics to clinicians and healthcare facilities around the world.
Our team is focusing on designing and developing the next iterations of complex software/hardware platform for patient monitoring, where the software has strong restrictions for safety and quality.
We're looking for someone who is a little more than an automation developer, someone who also has defined how automation is to be architected and work.
The Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test will be a member of the R&D engineering team working on the development of Spacelabs Patient Monitoring and Connectivity products. The Engineer will be working on the next generation Bedside Monitoring devices. This position requires a deep understanding of product verification testing and the ability to apply those to product development. They will work with other cross-functional members to provide software and product level testing expertise with an emphasis on automation.Requirements:Required
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in software testing or development
- Experience working in an agile / scrum environment.
- Strong systems background with knowledge of testing distributed systems, software, and hardware.
- Experience developing high reliability, "mission critical" devices and systems.
- Excellent Python coding or other scripting language
- 2+ years of software development experience in one of the following high-level programming languages - C# / C++ /Java
- Experience in test automation tools for
- desktop apps (must have)
- embedded (must have)
- web apps (nice to have)
- Strong understanding of integration, verification testing techniques, including continuous integration
and white-box, black-box, test coverage, reliability, and regression testing
- Familiar with one or more risk management techniques (e.g. Hazard Analysis, Risk Analysis, Failure
Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), etc.).
- Working knowledge of software development tools such as ADO, TFS, Git, Re-sharper, etc.
- Experience with Unix, Linux, Ubuntu.
- Has a passion for testing, development, and design.
- Able to work in a highly cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to work within a global corporate environment.
- Must be able to travel internationally and acquire all necessary travel documents. Travel up to 10%.
- Familiarity with medical device FDA Quality Systems Regulations (QSR) and medical device
standards strongly preferred.
- Qt/Squish experience strongly preferred.
- Selenium experience.
- Experience with Yocto Project embedded Linux.
- Azure DevOps (ADO) Rest API, Kibana and Elastic Search experience.
- Experience with a Docker Environment and Docker Swarms.
- Experience with implementing secure products
- Perform software integration test activities in regulated medical device industry.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to integrate systems and provide timely communications on
significant issues or risks.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve SW problems.
- Monitor, test, and run system performance tests; provide system log files as needed.
- Define appropriate test requirements and corresponding test strategies.
- Provide effort estimates. Identify common trends on planned estimated effort hours vs actual hours.
- Perform system and SW requirements review to ensure that requirements are measurable and
- Participate in reviews of systems and elements under development to ensure traceability of
requirements compliance through verification.
- Responsible for the comprehensive test setups include related custom test tools.
- Develop test plans and test procedures for all components at module, system and integration levels.
- Produce high quality documents and written reports in a clear and concise style and in full
accordance with the organization process.
- Make recommendations on system integration application implementation strategies, select suitable
component technologies and platforms to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Write scripts for automation and repetitiveness test to increase test effectiveness.
- Assist in validation of internal tools for testing.
#LI-AK5 #LI-RemoteWhat We OfferEmpowering Projects:
With 500+ clients spanning diverse industries and domains, we provide an exciting opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking projects that leverage cutting-edge technologies. As a team, we engineer digital products that positively impact people's lives.Empowering Growth:
We foster a culture of continuous learning and professional development. Our dedication is to provide timely and comprehensive assistance for every consultant through our dedicated Learning & Development team, ensuring their continuous growth and success.DE&I Matters:
At GlobalLogic, we deeply value and embrace diversity
. We are dedicated to providing equal
opportunities for all individuals, fostering an inclusive
and empowering work environment.Career Development:
Our corporate culture places a strong emphasis on career development, offering abundant opportunities for growth. Regular interactions with our teams ensure their engagement, motivation, and recognition. We empower our team members to pursue their career goals with confidence and enthusiasm.Comprehensive Benefits:
In addition to equitable compensation, we provide a comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes the overall well-being of our consultants. We genuinely care about their health and strive to create a positive work environment.Flexible Opportunities:
At GlobalLogic, we prioritize work-life balance by offering flexible opportunities tailored to your lifestyle. Explore relocation and rotation options for diverse cultural and professional experiences in different countries with our company.About GlobalLogic
GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world.
By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise-we help our clients imagine what's possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow's digital businesses.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries.
GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.