HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Product Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
As a Senior Product Manager at Hitachi Rail you will play a critical role in driving the development, enhancement, and lifecycle management of our train control and signaling products. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, customers, and industry stakeholders to define product strategies, guide product development, and ensure successful market adoption.
- Product Strategy and Roadmap: Develop and execute a comprehensive product vision, strategy and roadmap that aligns with the company's vision and customer requirements. Continuously evaluate market trends and technology advancements to identify product opportunities.
- Leadership: Serves as the primary leader for the cross-functional activities the product line across the organization, including Technology, Engineering, Development, Sales, Bidding, Project Management, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain.
- Financial Management: Own and manage the product's financial performance, including budgeting, pricing strategies, and revenue forecasting. Monitor product profitability and make data-driven decisions to maximize ROI.
- Product Lifecycle Management: Manage the entire product lifecycle, from concept to end-of-life, ensuring products meet quality, safety, and regulatory standards.
- Market Research & Stakeholder Collaboration: Conduct in-depth market research to understand customer needs, competitive landscapes, and industry trends. Build strong relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, to gather insights and feedback.
- Product Development: Translate market and customer needs into high-level product specifications. Work closely with the technical, engineering, development, and support teams to develop to develop and launch new products and features.
- Manufacturing and Delivery: Partner with the Manufacturing, Procurement, and Supply Chain teams to ensure successful product delivery and cost structure.
- Go-to-Market Strategy: Develop go-to-market plans, including pricing, positioning, messaging, and sales enablement materials. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to execute effective product launches and promotional campaigns. Plan and execute pilots with customers.
- Support Strategy: Ensure excellent customer satisfaction through the support process to ensure that customer issues are properly triaged, assigned, and resolved. Monitor progress on support issues on regular basis and provide prioritization of activities to organization.
- Industry Engagement: Represent Hitachi Rail at industry level events and technical committees (AAR, AREMA, RAC, RSSI, etc.).
Minimum required skills and qualifications include:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or a related field; MBA is a plus.
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years of experience of industry experience in business to business industries; experience in the rail, transportation, heavy industrial, or related industries is a plus.
- Cross-Functional Leadership: Strong leadership skills, with a track record of building and developing strong cross-functional relationships across teams in the company. Utilize those strong relationships to accomplish business objectives.
- Customer Focus: Customer-focused mindset with experience in gathering and translating customer needs into product features and improvements. Understands the broader context of the product and how it drives the customer success.
- Problem Solving: Proven ability to quickly understand topics or problems, frame the key points, and develop potential solutions, using a collaborative approach. Strong problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to addressing challenges. Strong analytical skills.
- Communication: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders. Communicates effectively with Executive Team and external Customers and Industry. Strong proficiency in the English Language.
- Business Acumen: Strong business acumen, with the ability to analyze market trends, customer needs, and competitive landscapes. Finance experience in managing budgets and building forecasts.
- Innovation: Has a curious mindset and a passion for innovation and staying abreast of emerging technologies and trends within the railroad industry.
- Travel: Flexibility to travel as needed to customer sites and industry events.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Rail Industry Knowledge: Deep understanding of the railroad industry, including train control systems, signaling technology, and safety standards.
- Product Management: 2+ years of product management experience, ideally in the rail control and signaling domain.
- Regulatory Understanding: Familiarity with the USA and Canadian regulatory environment in the railroad industry, including safety standards and compliance.
- Product Development: Experience with the product development process and methodologies and project management tools.
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals With Disabilities.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.
In accordance with the DOT’s FRA and FTA programs, Hitachi’s substance screening program tests pre-employment candidates and current employees, as required for safety-sensitive positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected].
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.