Responsible for the maintenance of a detailed cost by product information. Maintains and monitors cost files in the ERP system to ensure accurate product profitability information is reported to management. Assists in the various other accounting related projects and tasks. Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, laws, regulations, and processes.
- Maintain and update standard costing data within the ERP system including semi-annual cost updates.
- Investigate all cost variance accounts and items on at least a monthly basis.
- Report any unusual items to management and make necessary adjustments to accurately reflect product cost data.
- Support the quoting process by providing estimated cost data for GASE and Overhead for new product quotes.
- Support DE and Purchasing in the budget process to ensure that costs entered into the budget systems are correct.
- Monitor all product cost elements such as defects, freight, duty, etc. to ensure they are being accurately calculated and costed to each product.
- Prepare product profitability reports and data as needed to management.
- Assist in monthly financial closing process
- Responsible for certain aspects of JSOX compliance project as assigned by F&A management.
- Prepare account reconciliations for certain general ledger accounts assigned by F&A management.
- Provide assistance to the department on a wide variety of F&A projects.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to work with all levels of staff required. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information is required.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and follows all regulations and requirements related to safety and environmental compliance.
- Responsible for following all quality policy standards.
- Knowledge, skills & abilities: Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Possess ability to perform duties utilizing current company software applications. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills required. Performs job duties in an ethical and professional manner. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of experience in a Cost Accounting role required.
- Experience: 2 years prior related experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.