The Business Development Manager role is responsible for broadening the Network Control (“NC”; SCADA/EMS/GMS/ADMS) customer base and improving the customer experience through the orchestration of collaboration between Customer, Product, Consultants, Corporate Research, and Commercial business. This role will be paramount in the growth of the business via the pursuit of new solution and product opportunities at established and non-established NC customers for NAM. The focus for this professional is Transmission, Distribution, Generation, and other strategic opportunities as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Think strategically and own your business plan.
- Maintain a near real-time understanding of Product Roadmap, Vision, and Strategy.
- Apply a step-by-step engagement process and report progress continuously.
- Identify target opportunities for NC as a result of:
- Evaluation of market research reports
- Consistent and organized networking internally to Hitachi Energy and externally with customers, consultants, system integrators, and other partners
- Visits to selected customers and prospects utilizing established networks including, but not limited to, front end sales, regional sales, marketing, etc.
- Evaluate and analyze leads through applied screening criteria to convert from leads to prospects and opportunities for sales to nurture.
- Maintain information in the Salesforce CRM tool for:
- Tracking opportunities including contact reporting
- Reviewing sales process, status and forecast
- Building player maps
- Introduce Product, Marketing, Sales into opportunities at appropriate point in the process.
- Ensure all decision makers and key executives in both customer organization and Hitachi Energy are involved in the customer/supplier relationship .
- Set up minimum one CXO level meeting with the Product leadership per quarter.
- Set up minimum one meeting with the ultimate customer decision maker and
NC senior management per quarter.
- Coordinate business opportunities with Marketing, Sales, and Operations groups by proactive communication/updates throughout the process of pursuit.
- Engage and coordinate other Hitachi Energy sales channels in the sales strategy ensuring all parties fulfill appropriate roles throughout the process.
- Partner with customer during the solution innovation process and take lead with all internal Hitachi Energy departments to develop a bid that is responsive to the customer requirements.
- Keep track of competitors’ technology status, tactics, and strategies.
- Take the lead in outlining and communicating a winning technology strategy against competitors.
- Ensure customer/partner requirements are collected and documented prior to hosting demos or product leadership engagement.
This role normally requires approximately 40% travel. Customer and Partner site visits are an integral ingredient to success which may be enhanced through virtual contact.
- Strong knowledge of the electric utility sector and the associated technology and business landscape.
- Continual attention demonstrated to seeking new partnership opportunities .
- Proven success in identifying and capturing new customer opportunities resulting in a broadening of the customer base in an organization.
- Proven success in differentiating against competition and driving the value of the offered solution(s) to the customer needs resulting in new customers to an organization.
- Strong technology skills demonstrated through a defined planning process that is consistently applied to the pursuit of all engagements.
- Strong communication skills.
- Solid understanding of software offerings and market needs.
- Experience with building strategy for pursuing a non-installed base customer with defined short, mid and long-term goals and action plans.
- Experience with engaging across businesses (multi-divisional etc.).
- Proven track record in managing, influencing and motivating solution team members to achieve objectives.
- A Professional Engineer (PE) certificate and/or master’s degree in technology are preferred, even more-so if Power Engineering discipline.
B.S. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Management or a related discipline.
Minimum 8 years professional experience in the software industry serving electric Transmission, Distribution, and Generation.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.