Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft. Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer's experience. Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.Job DescriptionLocation
: Employees can work remotely but must be based in the South
As a Director of Business Development, you will be responsible for growing your market by participating in all phases of the sales life cycle. This role will focus on growing sales opportunities for all Microsoft 3-cloud products. This encompasses offerings within the Business Application (BA) solution area, including Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365 (ERP and CRM), Power Platform, and Customer Insights, and the Microsoft Azure solution area, including Data and Analytics, Data Science, AI/ML, and Modern Solutions. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual, who can work under dynamic conditions and can foster productive relationships with a diverse customer and partner group (primarily Microsoft customer facing teams) in the following verticals:
The Services Industry Business Unit Team, Specialized Services POD primarily focuses on the following segments:
• Media & Telcom
• Transportation & Logistics
• Travel & Hospitality
• Waste Management Services
• Quick Service Business (Auto Repair, etc.)
• Professional Services (Legal, Consulting, etc.)
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual, who can work under dynamic conditions and can foster productive relationships with a diverse customer and partner group (primarily Microsoft customer facing teams). You will focus on:
- Developing and managing sales cycles from lead capture to sales closure.
- Making cold calls when appropriate, performing account-based marketing activities and following-up on leads generated from marketing and networking.
- Developing strategic account and opportunity plans.
- Collaborating with pre-sales engineers and leadership throughout the sales cycle and leading all sales efforts and managing communication throughout the entire process effectively during the sales cycle and demonstrating leadership throughout; .
- Develop and manage relationships with the Microsoft customer facing teams to collaborate and sell jointly into accounts.
- Support all marketing team activities, including the communication of and participation in webinars, and in-person events.
- Build and maintain relationships at the CIO level.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Business, Computer Science or a related discipline or work experience equivalent.
- 5 years' experience in selling strategic technology business applications and solutions.
- Prior successful sales experience selling technical services that leverage both on-prem and Cloud based technologies.
- Preference for candidates that have sold services on the Microsoft technology stack including, Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365 (ERP and CRM), Power Platform, and Customer Insights, and the Microsoft Azure solution area, including Data and Analytics, Data Science, AI/ML, and Modern Solutions
- Strong and established client base in Waste Services, Transportation & Logistics, Travel & Hospitality, Digital Services
- Strong and established Microsoft customer facing team relationships a plus strong written and presentation communication skills.
- Experience working with third-party vendors .
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment and to work with a team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.Base Salary Pay Range*: USD $120,000 - USD $160,000
*The current applicable Base Salary Pay Range for this role is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills relevant to the role, internal equity, alignment with market data, or other law. Other Compensation / Benefit Overview
In addition to Base Salary, the successful candidate may be eligible to participate in the following plans / programs, upon satisfying all hiring requirements:
#REMOTE#LI-BA1Beware of scams
- Bonus Plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance and Disability Programs
- Retirement Savings with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Work Arrangements including Remote Work
Our recruiting team may communicate with candidates via our @hitachisolutions.com domain email address and/or via our SmartRecruiters (Applicant Tracking System) [email protected]
domain email address regarding your application and interview requests.
All offers will originate from our @hitachisolutions.com domain email address. If you receive an offer or information from someone purporting to be an employee of Hitachi Solutions from any other domain, it may not be legitimate.