You will carry out HSE management activities to eliminate or reduce occupational health, production safety, environmental and fire risks within company premise and to ensure the normal operation of the company in accordance with national occupational health, safety, environmental and fire related laws and regulations and company HSE requirements.
- Acting as a coach and advisor toward the supervision team concerning HSE management.
- Assuring the organization’s compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal HSE regulations under your scope of responsibility.
- Help maintain and execute the HSE management systems and carry out inspections and audits, analyze the results, and manage the corrective actions.
- Ensure the effectiveness of corrective actions to ensure prevention of reoccurrence.
- Managing the incident reporting, investigation, and analysis program for your area of responsibility.
- Analyzing and monitoring trends regarding incidents, inspections, audits, and corrective measures and keep the HSE Manager informed.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of various Group and Business Unit HSSE programs and procedures (ergonomics, lockout, inspections and scheduled audits, etc.)
- Organizing activities to promote employee and supervisor awareness, increase their participation and encourage the adoption of safe behaviors.
- Responsible for assisting in HSE strategic planning to help move the organization towards achieving all KPI’s as well as target and objectives.
- Assist in up skilling the organization regarding risk assessments and risk mitigation techniques.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- Bachelor's Degree in safety, occupational health, Environmental, engineering, or related field and up to 5 years of experience; alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments. Strong leadership, interpersonal, and influencing skills.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and plant specific software systems
- Team player and approachable
- Professional certifications (e.g., CSP, CIH, CHMM) a plus
- Experience with behavior-based safety programs and culture change initiatives
- Experience and/or familiarity with ISO 45001 & ISO 14001
- High comfort level with digitized management tools.
- Experience with represented workforce
- Ability to operate within and support matrixed leadership and functional teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.