This is an exciting position within the Platform Delivery of MIS Tech, the Infrastructure Tech organization leads all aspects of the company's global engineering of mis business system service delivery and solutions, end user application and deliver of hosted application, environment management and production support services.Requirements:
- Bachelor's in Engineering/Computer science
- 7-9 years of total software development experience. Minimum 7 years relevant
- Experienced with Linux and Window's operating platforms a must
- Demonstrate strong and hands-on experience and background in database principles and concepts
- Strong experience in designing and developing large-scale data solutions with solid understanding of data modeling, data processing, data warehousing and best practices
- SQL / ETL concepts, pyspark, [AWS] => RDS, GLue, Lambda, - Must have.
- Good to have - Informatica / Procedures, Triggers, Performance Tuning etc
- Proficient in SQL and writing/understanding stored procedures, packages and PL/SQL programming in general
- At least 7 years of hands-on experience with one of the databases including Postgres, Oracle, Teradata, DB2, Sybase etc.
- Proficient in database performance tuning with clear understanding of indexing, partitioning, analyzing SQL plans, optimizer, hints etc.
- Expertise in Extract-Transform-Load(ETL)/Extract-Load-Transform(ELT) concepts with clear understanding in each of the stages and relevant tools/technologies
- At least 7 years of hands-on expertise with ETL tools like Informatica, Datastage, Talend etc. and should be able to justify the experience with good examples of design/development of robust ETL processes
- Strong background in Data Profiling, Data Analytics workloads and their role in design/development of data related processes
- Ability to work with multiple teams involved in applications end to end design, to understand and clearly articulate the data pipelines and intricacies/inter-dependencies involved
- Provide support/guidance to the development teams during the analysis, development, review and testing processes
- Exposure to any cloud platforms (AWS/GCP/Azure) and knowledge on data engineering/processing on cloud using tools/technologies like Python, Spark, Kafka, Glue etc. is an added advantage
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
ETL, Pyspark , Informatica and AWS Job Responsibilities:
What We OfferExciting Projects:
- Responsible for owning the design/development aspects of database/ETL operations of multiple critical ratings applications in MIS Tech
- Must be able to operate effectively and collaboratively with a team of skilled professionals with wide variety of skillsets and establish a cordial/healthy relationship
- Analysis of the business and technical requirements to define and design the database/ETL service interfaces required to support the requirements
- Planning, engineering, design, implementation and managing database/ETL services for technologies in scope
- Collaborate with the developers and application leads/architects to deliver solutions based on standards and requirements
- Partner with application support and development teams to deliver resilient and cost-effective solutions that meet demanding business requirements
- Provide stability to the current architectural solutions and explore opportunities to redesign/rewrite components to make the solutions robust reliable and resilient
- Play a key role in sunsetting some of the legacy applications/processes by carefully evaluating the inter-dependences and impact analysis and migrating to modern data platforms in the future
- Lead the developers in the team by guiding them in a direction that is aligned with future vision from technology/culture perspective
- Enabling an environment of continuous learning, knowledge sharing, and teamwork
Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.Collaborative Environment:
You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment - or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities! Work-Life Balance:
GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules and opportunities to work from home.Professional Development:
We provide continuing education classes, professional certification and training (technical, soft skills, language, and communication skills) to help you realize your professional goals. Being part of a global organization, there are additional learning opportunities through international knowledge exchanges.Excellent Benefits:
We provide our employees with competitive salaries, health and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a matched contribution 401K plan, flexible spending accounts, and PTO and holidaysAbout GlobalLogic
GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world.
By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise-we help our clients imagine what's possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow's digital businesses.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries.
GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.