The Business Development Manager role is responsible for broadening the Network Control (“NC”; SCADA/EMS/GMS/ADMS) customer base through the identification and pursuit of new sales opportunities at non-established NC customers for the United States region. The focus for this person is IOUs, Rural Electric Cooperatives, Municipalities, and other strategic opportunities as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Think strategically and own your business plan.
- Apply a step-by-step selling process and report progress along the way.
- Identify target opportunities for NC with new customers through:
- Evaluation of market research reports
- Aggressive and organized networking internally to Hitachi Energy and externally
- Visits to all potential leads and prospects utilizing established networks
- Evaluate and analyze leads through applied screening criteria to convert from leads to prospects and opportunities
- Meet and proactively report on quota for leads, prospects, opportunities, and bookings
- Maintain information in the Salesforce CRM tool for:
- Tracking sales including contact reporting
- Reviewing sales process, status and forecast
- Building player maps
- Ensure appropriate Capture Team Strategy is in place for pursuing leads
- Introduce technical staff into account/opportunities at appropriate point in process
- Ensure all decision makers and key executives in customer organization are involved in the customer/supplier relationship prior to issuance of bid:
- Set up minimum one CXO level meeting with the VP Sales
- Set up minimum one meeting with the ultimate customer decision maker and
NC senior management
- Coordinate sales efforts with the Marketing, Proposal and Operations groups by proactive communication/updates throughout process of pursuit
- Engage and coordinate other Hitachi Energy sales channels in the sales strategy ensuring all parties fulfill appropriate roles throughout the process
- Partner with customer during the RFP process and take lead with all internal Hitachi Energy departments to develop a bid that is responsive to the customer requirements.
- Take the lead in completing RFP, RFI and budgetary submissions including identifying and establishing any partner(s) required for the opportunity.
- Keep track of competitors’ selling status, tactics and strategies
- Take the lead in outlining and communicating a winning sales strategy against competitors
- Ensure customer requirements are documented prior to hosting demos
This role normally requires approximately 40% travel. Customer site visits are an integral ingredient to success which may be enhanced through virtual contact.
- Strong knowledge of the electric utility sector and the associated technology and business landscape
- Continual attention demonstrated to seeking new sales opportunities
- Proven success in identifying and capturing new customer opportunities resulting in a broadening of the customer base in an organization
- Proven success in selling against competition and driving the value of the offered system(s) to the customer needs resulting in new customers to an organization
- Strong sales management skills demonstrated through a defined planning process that is consistently applied to pursuit of opportunities
- Strong communication skills
- Solid understanding of software offerings and market needs
- Experience with building strategy for pursuing a non-installed base customer with defined short, mid and long-term goals and action plans
- Experience with engaging across businesses (multi-divisional etc.)
- Strong negotiating skills
- Proven track record in managing, influencing and motivating project team members to achieve project objectives.
- Experienced business traveler
B.S. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Management or a related discipline.
Minimum 5 years professional experience with proven success in expanding customer base and aggressive exploration and pursuit of new opportunities with new customers(empty)
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.