Manage physical resources and engineers engaged in technically specialized phases of activities involving one or more engineering disciplines. Lead, engage in or review a wide range of complex technical analyses and investigations for GIS. Finalize or assist higher level managers in finalizing and presenting proposals or recommendations.
- Plan, schedule, assign work, establish priorities, resolve resource problems and take appropriate measures to ensure work meets specifications and is completed on schedule. Promote independent actions to improve operating efficiencies and customer relations.
- Provide complex technical advice to other departments and business units within and outside the Company, related to such factors as contract or project performance guarantees, specifications, design standards and applicable codes.
- Negotiate with customers, technical issues of considerable significance that may impact current and future business. Resolve conflicts between engineers and customers, in order to reach mutual satisfaction and agreement.
- Provide administrative support to senior managers and assist with technical development of staff.
- Maintain awareness of state-of-the-art technology and market trends affecting Company products and services and recommend responsive actions.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Challenging tasks including management, technical guidance, decision making, project engineering, cost initiatives and personnel issues may involve unusual and complex problems and significant costs.
- Requires balancing depth of engineering analyses against time and cost constraints and determining proper level of technical detail to release to customers.
- Technical recommendations and decisions may have significant impact on the effectiveness and integrity of engineering efforts and affect future business and customer relations.
- Requires ability to negotiate and influence decisions of Company managers and customers.
- Engineering: Knowledge of Power System and Substations, specially related to substation layouts, clearances requirement for HV products. Preparation of project layouts based on customer requirements; preference will be for Project Engineering experienced in GIS / AIS.
- Communicating with customer, solving technical queries related to Product / Project.
- Prepare & release drawing of GIS components as per the specifications.
- Provide technical assistance for localisation of identified component by SCM team in consultation with Manager
- Documentation: Maintaining the latest revised technical documentation in SAP as per the project requirement and communicating it to the concern vendor & cross functional team
- B.E. / B. Tech (Electrical) with min -10 years of relevant experience.
- Preference will be for qualified candidate worked on same / relevant background and GIS Project Engineering.
- HV GIS/ HV Product knowledge.
- Knowledge of Pro- E & Auto CAD with drawing office practice.
- Should have knowledge of the relevant national and international (IEC) standards.
- Preparation of project layouts based on customer requirements; preference will be for Project Engineers experienced in GIS / AIS Engineering.
- Knowledge of SAP (MM Module).