The Hitachi Energy Indian Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1500 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi Energy’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
Material Master Data Specialist
Location: INOPC / Bangalore / Chennai
Functional area: Supply Chain Management
Organizational: Grid Automation
In this role, you will be a part of our Indian operation center. The unit is a part of the global Business unit Grid Automation in Hitachi Energy which delivers to our Utility and Industrial customers a comprehensive range of automation products and solutions to improve grid reliability and efficiency and enable complete grid control of all power distribution networks, from the most basic to advanced, including renewable power integration and battery storage systems.
You will be involved with Business geographically spread across the globe. Our Operating units perform their businesses in various fields, which means the Methodology also varies. Material Master Data management is critical to the businesses.
- Understand the various business models under the Grid automation business.
- Understand the various Material Category, Classifications, Commodity, Products used in the Business.
- Understand the Global Material Master ticketing tool and process flow.
- Follow the Standard Operating Procedure for Material Master Data Handling.
- Ensure to have End to End overview and control of the process specified.
- Reviewing and actioning on open, pending tickets in the Tool.
- Ensure quick resolution to the challenges faced and support the Businesses accordingly.
- Track the ticketing data and report the KPIs defined on a monthly basis.
- You will work in close collaboration with all the Super Users to ensure completion of requests made.
- Following the processes and guidelines in reporting as per the Hitachi Energy Regulations and procedures.
- Setup periodic meetings with the Team lead to identify deviations and confirm correctness of .
- Provide trainings to the Tool Super user and Requestor as and when needed for smooth daily operation.
- Perform data cleansing. Analyze data usage, propose recommendation for continuous improvement on SAP Material Master Data Quality & Accuracy.
- Material Master Data quality, turn around time for ticket closure will be the sole KPI along with preparation and sending timely reports to the Management.
- You will ensure aligning all the activities towards Operating units with the timeline of Process role out as Operating Units get on board S4.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Proven experience in Master data Management and working experience on SAP MM Module.
- Experience in communication with stakeholders, Knowledge of the Supply Chain function.
- Self-driven and experienced to operate with at the strategic, tactical and operational levels
- Ability to work in short deadlines and under the time pressure. Ability to work in stressful environment.
- Strong Process oriented and with the mind set to support the business High level change management and communication skills.
- Strong Data management and Team player skills and experience, fluent in English. Exposure to multicultural environment is an added advantage.
- You are highly sociable and can create and maintain strong relations with colleagues.
- You are committed in your work and you have the ability to manage and structure your own time.
- Diploma / Bachelors Degree in Electrical, Mechanical with minimum 2 years experience in relevant field.
- Sound knowledge of Supply chain is an advantage.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Excel , Out Look, IT savvy.
- Experience with working in an international environment across time zones
- Analytical metrics-oriented, high motivation. Must be a collaborative team player, willing to take ownership of decisions.
- Self-starter , Works independently, applying established standards and instructs or coaches others.
- Ability to communicate well professionally with all internal stake holders.