Supplier Quality Management work includes: Identifying, coaching, and managing suppliers according to organization quality standards and policies. Providing advice and training on quality protocols and conducting audits to ensure compliance with organization and applicable government standards. Negotiating service level agreements, performance/quality metrics and ensuring contractual obligations are met. Resolving supplier problems related to quality, performance, and service level. Identifying and certifying alternative suppliers to mitigate supply disruption risks A Senior Professional (P3) applies advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience. Responsibilities may include: Managing projects / processes, working independently with limited supervision. Coaching and reviewing the work of lower level professionals. Problems faced are difficult and sometimes complex.
- Support SCM function to drive localization of various products and components as per TLC guidelines
- Supplier Qualification-Drives the supplier qualification process and ensures supplier base is fully qualified and compliant. Schedules, monitors and approves supplier parts and service qualification activities. (e.g. Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Supplier product qualification process, capacity analysis and verification in accordance with Hitachi ABB Project timing and milestones.
- Supplier assessment- Plans and conducts, supplier assessment including reporting and findings for major and minor opportunities for improvements and verifies effective closure of assessment findings by the supplier.
- Supplier development-Develops and support suppliers to achieve ongoing conformance with Hitachi ABB requirements and continual improvements in quality.
- Supplier performance monitoring – Monitors and reports supplier performance quality issues, NCR and identify development action accordingly Hitachi energy quality metrics.
- System development and utilization- Define and develops local quality procedure for various material categories as per Group/Division/Business Unit instructions and procedures where appropriate.
- Support initiatives / audits launched by Group function / Division on Sustainability, Material compliance, Integrity and Health, Safety and environment
- Collaboration with other functions SCM, Quality, R&D , Engineering etc.
- Graduate Mechanical Engineer with strong technical background
- Require a deep understanding of supplier development with quality back ground with 5 to 7 years of experience in mechanical/electrical components and related products.
- Knowledge of handling casting, forging, welded & machining parts and experience / background on Metal Finishing (surface treatments) is an added advantage.
- ISO Supplier audits qualification from DnV or BV
- Good knowledge of various tests done by laboratory
- Knowledge of supplier product qualification process, and quality assurance is must.
- Spoken and written English, cross-cultural understanding skills are required.
- Excellent collaboration and work within team skills will help you to succeed in this position.
- Conversant with SAP
- Willing to travel