Hitachi Energy has an exciting opportunity as a Security Network Engineer to join our High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) business. You'll be reporting to the HVDC Service Manager this role will be home based with UK-wide travel. Requirement to attend various customer sites throughout the UK, Ireland, Scotland and overseas as required.
Please note we are unable to provide any visa sponsorship for this position.
We are looking for a Security Network Engineer to join our team at Hitachi Energy. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting in the design and implementation of cyber-specific projects and systems, network and security architectures, and delivering sustainable services to maintain customer-specific Service Level Agreements (SLAs). You will ensure that project and service deliverables meet the defined cyber security requirements outlined between Hitachi Energy and our customers. You will also maintain and monitor cyber security infrastructure performance, actively contribute to identifying, managing, and reducing cyber security risks, anticipate and influence current and future technologies and trends, represent Hitachi Energy as a cyber security engineer in customer discussions, create, maintain, and share a comprehensive understanding of global cyber security risks and market requirements, including regulations and standards.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Maintaining and monitoring cyber security infrastructure performance: A network engineer within HVDC to assist with designing and lead in implementing and troubleshooting cyber security solutions delivered by Hitachi Energy to our customers.
- Identifying Vulnerabilities and threats: A network engineer within HVDC will lead in the delivery of services and tools / reporting for the identification of vulnerabilities and threats on Hitachi Energy customer systems to ensure robust, secure and resilient network performance and security controls remain up to date and operational to maximize the availability of critical systems with HVDC.
- Representing Hitachi Energy as a cyber security expert: A network engineer within HVDC represents Hitachi Energy as a cyber security expert in customer discussions. This includes creating, maintaining, and sharing comprehensive reports on the evaluation of newly released systems, new technologies requested by the customer, corporate / customer security policies, processes and procedures and leading in the recommendation of modifications for technical, legal and regulatory discussions which impact the HVDC systems.
- Participating in cyber security risk assessments: A network engineer within HVDC participates in cyber security risk assessments as a subject-matter expert. This includes interfacing with R&D departments and customers to ensure that expectations are met and exceeded.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement: A network engineer within HVDC actively contributes to identifying and capturing opportunities for improvement. This includes liaising with project management on outage development, providing forecast cost to complete estimates, and associated justification to changes in expenditure.
- Developing network diagrams and overall network architecture: A network engineer within HVDC is capable of developing and following network diagrams and overall network architecture along with creating and maintaining Data Flow diagrams
- Performing Enhancements to network: A network engineer within HVDC is capable of performing security infrastructure upgrades including pre-planning and post reporting to deliver a high quality of service to our customers.
- A university degree within a relevant technical area, preferably Computer Science.
- Certification in the following or equivalent competencies preferred, CompTIA Network + , CCNA or CompTIA Security +, in addition to the above.
- Demonstrate excellent customer focus and open collaboration.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex security concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with the following products:
- Microsoft client- and server operating systems from legacy to current generations.
- Experience with Active Directory and the different roles, integration with third-party devices and appliances.
- Experience with databases and high-availability solutions.
- Experience with scripting languages and automation technologies.
- Knowledge of intrusion detection systems, security information event monitoring, application control, virtualization and other security-relevant systems is a major plus.
- Experience with network equipment (firewalls, switches) and redundant network designs and protocols, experience with Fortinet products is a plus.
- Experience with security assessment tools is a plus.
- Previous experience in critical infrastructure is also a major plus.
- Experience with Industrial Control System OT Security is a plus.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of control & protection systems.
- Knowledge with Networking (routing, subnetting, VPN and encryption techniques.
- An ability to self-motivate, work under pressure and on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Clean full driving licence.
- Security clearance to comply with BS7858:2019.
- Fluent in written & spoken English.