Hitachi Energy is seeking for Marketing Engineer for its Bland, VA location. This position will have a minimum of 6 months of training at our Bland office and then potential to be remote.
- Provide internal and external technical expertise and counsel relating to company products and their marketability.
- Participate in sales programs to sell company products and services and provide customers with engineering expertise relative to specific product lines.
- Provide research, analytical and promotional support for the Marketing Department in developing competitive information, product requirements and marketing strategies. Mainly for Power transformers.
- Prepare proposals in response to requests for quotes and manage technical and commercial aspects of bids – from quoting to shipping. Serve as liaison to the factory as well as our Front-End Sales organization. Serve multiple market channels such as Hitachi ABB Power Grids Front End Sales, manufacturing representatives, original equipment manufacturers and end-users.
- Coordinate pricing to a variety of channels to ensure comparable opportunity for success. Interpret complex specifications, schematics, and other documents accurately.
- Host customer visits for the purpose of training, order execution and promotion. Research and analyze data to identify trends, issues, and other relevant information. Obtain information from customers to determine specific requirement, attitudes, effects of current and potential regulations and other information that may affect marketing strategies. Provide support or recommendations for campaign strategies and related communications.
- Maintain a competitor information system that provides rapid, up-to-date information for short- and long-term planning. Develop competitor analysis containing key activities and statistics.
- Manage the proposal tracking system, including system updates, maintenance, and report generation to ensure timely and effective responses to customers as well as effective coordination of proposal elements offered concurrently to different customers.
- Perform a variety of other duties such as conducting survey, coordinating forecasts, and analyzing market research questionnaires
- Willingness to travel when necessary.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, marketing, or business and 2-5 years of experience in marketing & sales.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi ABB Power Grids in the United States
- Product Marketing skills, preferably in a B2B energy sector
- Knowledge of market/customer’s needs
- Intercultural sensitivity
- Fluent English, both written and verbal
- Structured and analytical thinking. Networking, Leadership, Superior communication & negotiation skills. Proficiency with technical tools such as MS-Office.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.