As OSS Specialist you will provide Desk Side Support to IT users, for all IT matters requiring physical intervention. You will be responsible for supporting incident resolution by engaging with other support teams/groups within IT. You will also act as a representative of IT organization and face to the customer on behalf of other IT functions.
- You will be responsible for the management of the facility & and factory network, servers, & and hardware; and liaison to IT vendors to ensure business continuity.
- You will be responsible for troubleshooting issues throughout the facility & and with remote users.
- You will be responsible for managing supplies, providing troubleshooting, & and coordinating with technicians.
- You will be responsible for assisting end users with the setup of mobile devices, including MFA, Wi-Fi, and email along with managing hardware and setup for internal Cisco phones.
- You will be responsible for managing the use & and upkeep of shared user accounts.
- You will be responsible for managing the deployment of hardware and setup of various types of software.
- You will be responsible for assisting with adding or modifying network connections & and cabling.
- You will be responsible for assisting & and managing various cabling and peripherals for user workstations.
- You will be working with multiple teams on IS & and IT needs for the integration of new devices & and machines.
- You will be responsible for providing documentation of issues, solutions, and potential problems.
- You will be responsible for providing ad-hoc training to IT users on common IT matters and guiding them through self-service tools if required.
- You will be responsible for taking care of physical stock management of devices and accessories including CMDB updates.
- You will manage logistics by using local logistics providers to ship and move devices across locations.
- You will identify and report risks that might downgrade OSS service quality.
- You will provide support to end users, IT equipment, software in meeting rooms, and similar user collaboration/common areas as part of desk-side support.
- You will host and support third-party technicians.
- You will be responsible for regular checks of computer rooms including temperature, air conditioning, cabling, and general functionality.
- You will follow given OSS governance (participate in meetings, follow escalation path, etc).
- You will follow OSS procedures defined in Runbook, SOPs, and knowledge articles.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity means taking responsibility for your actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- You will have formal qualification or completed an apprenticeship in the field of information technology.
- At least two years of professional experience in IT support.
- A proactive and solution-oriented mindset and can work independently and be self-driven.
- Proficiency in both spoken & and written English language is required.