Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works, and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
You will contribute and support the team to meet successful results in Research & Development projects development in our Technology Centre in Monselice (PD).
Electrical design engineers develop the active part of power transformers that enable to transmit electricity which provides thousand to access electricity. As an electrical design engineer, you will work in R&D organization on several specific development project critical to Hitachi Energy needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve.
- you will be in charge of the development and maintenance of the active parts of power transformers, in particular by implementing design tools capable of dimensioning the windings, core and main components within the active part of power transformers according to appropriate standards.
- you will be taking care of implementing and maintaining up-to-date technical and materials standards for active part configurations implemented in mechanical and electrical design tools.
- you will have to study and optimize the current materials used in the construction of the active parts of power transformers, while ensuring high standards of safety and performance.
- you will have to collaborate with our factories in troubleshooting, analyzing and implementing identified necessary changes to the various parts and components in the active parts or in the design tools of power transformers.
- you will have to prepare the necessary training by teaching people in our organization the correct use of design and verification tools for the active part, teaching technical standards and design tool of active parts to young colleagues.
- you will have to study and optimize solutions to increase the energy efficiency and sustainability of power transformers, working with our main business functions to verify their feasibility and industrialization within our product range.
- you will face numerous challenges related to the of power transformers, identifying technologies to ensure our competitiveness in an ever-changing market, and actively contributing to the definition of future guidelines on this matter.
- you will establish, maintain, and improve the project stakeholders satisfaction by setting expectations and providing the expected value in accordance with the technical specifications. Have a drive to positively impact project performance and work with peers, partners and others who may not be in the line of command. In the role you will collaborate directly with other R&D teams, different Hitachi Research Centers, receiving factories and engineering teams around the world, with a focus for cross functional interaction.
- In R&D, you will encourage and support the colleagues of R&D teams to challenge existing technology, propose projects and processes contributing to the global plans and processes. You will participate in the internal and external design concept reviews, DtV, DFMEA and design development procedure applied on power transformer products.
- you will ensure safe working procedures and practices are always followed including the wearing and maintenance of assigned Personal Protective Equipment; attendance at required health, safety, and environment training; report injury, incidents, hazards and near miss events. Model safe work behaviors in all aspects of work and actively identify hazards and risk controls. Living core values of safety and integrity, taking responsibility for own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree electrical engineering. A good knowledge in power transformer electrical design, electrical energy materials, engineering physics or recognized equivalent will be a plus. Mechanical engineering can be considered as alternative.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, Product development practices expertise and familiarity on work in a structured way.
- Professional use PTC CREO (or equivalent 3D CAD/PDM) and solid computer skills including SAP, Microsoft Office & MS Project, Outlook. A good knowledge of CREO rules engine, Python, or other programming language will be considered a plus.
- Knowledge of 2D/3D FEM applied to electrostatic/electromagnetic simulation is preferred will be considered a plus.
- Previous experience in design of transformer internal active part will be considered a plus.
- Experience in cooperate multiple key stakeholders/colleagues in remote locations: availability to travel in different nations and short stays abroad.
- Effective communication and presentation abilities: good written and verbal communication skills, and high attention to detail.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).