Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works, and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
You will contribute and support the team to meet successful results in Research & Development projects development for our Transformer Business Unit in Monselice (PD).
Electrical design engineers develop the next-generation technologies in active part of power transformers that enable to transmit electricity which provides thousand to access electricity. As an electrical design engineer, you will work in R&D organization on several specific development project critical to Hitachi Energy needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve.
- As power transformer electrical designer you will perform all the dielectric, magnetic, thermal and mechanical calculations needed for the dimensioning of the transformer according to the customers specification and standards requirements. The designs activities will be oriented mainly to R&D locally ongoing activities and ongoing in others R&D teams in other countries. You also support factories troubleshooting in your domain of expertise.
- You will be responsible for the design of power transformers based on technical project specifications and that in some cases you will be called upon to define in coordination with the R&D project managers, TC managers, domain experts etc. You’ll prepare specifications, technical reports and related documents as required for the transformers manufacturing.
- You will be participating in the internal and external design concept reviews and you’ll support and develop the design development procedures applied on power transformer products coordinating the production operations related to R&D projects in accordance with material, labor, and equipment availability, proactively identify gaps and areas of improvement.
- You will support and contribute failure analysis and the preparation of the lessons learnt report.
- You will perform design platform testing before the release for production, propose and develop new technologies, products, and processes for power transformers, maintain existing and develop new technical standards and design tools for transformers.
- You will support R&D project managers, in different location, in product cost evaluation of a new R&D product / feature and to determine the NPV according with the R&D procedures and tools (R&D Project Valuation tool)
- You will support R&D project managers and our GPM in the project business case preparation and updates and review and HUB M&S validation, supporting GPG Managers.
- You will identify, in synergy with SCM, OpEX, Quality, HSE, Engineering, GPM and the other main company functions, the most convenient manufacturing production process focuses on designing, developing, and implementing new or revised production processes for the efficient/economical mass production of new products.
- You will support R&D project managers in the preparation of Market Introduction Plan (MIP) prepared in synergy with HUB M&S and GPMM.
- You will give support in designing improving arrangement of manufacturing equipment to ensure most efficient and productive layout for new R&D products.
- You will support global and local R&D department to support global and local initiatives (like special transformer design, DtV, Lumada or similar) to support our factories to identify the possible digitalization, optimization, or improvements of our manufacturing process.
- You will establish, maintain, and improve the project stakeholders satisfaction by setting expectations and providing the expected value in accordance with the technical specifications. Have a drive to positively impact project performance and work with peers, partners and others who may not be in the line of command. In the role you will collaborate directly with other R&D teams, different Hitachi Research Centers, receiving factories and engineering teams around the world, with a focus for cross functional interaction.
- In R&D, you will encourage and support the colleagues of R&D teams to challenge existing technology, propose projects and processes contributing to the global plans and processes. You will participate in the internal and external design concept reviews, DtV, DFMEA and design development procedure applied on power transformer products. You’ll transfer your knowledge and findings by elaborating reports, specifications and/or participating in educational programs.
- You will ensure safe working procedures and practices are always followed including the wearing and maintenance of assigned Personal Protective Equipment; attendance at required health, safety, and environment training; report injury, incidents, hazards and near miss events. Model safe work behaviors in all aspects of work and actively identify hazards and risk controls. Living core values of safety and integrity, taking responsibility for own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering (or recognized equivalent). Previous work experience in the electrical design of power transformers will be considered a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, product development practices expertise and familiarity on work in a structured way.
- Power transformer technology knowledge, as well as hands on experience of larger and multi-year projects will be considered a plus.
- Professional use of power transformer design tools (EDS, CDS …), solid computer skills including SAP, Microsoft Office & MS Project, Outlook. Knowledge of Python, or other programming language will be considered a plus.
- Experience with advance numerical simulations (e.g. magnetic or dielectric simulations), proficiency in use of commercial simulations tools (e.g. Ansys, Infolytica, Polopt) and implementation of own solutions shall be well valued.
- Experience in cooperate multiple key stakeholders/colleagues in remote locations.
- Knowledge of production machinery, processes, and standards related to power transformers.
- Effective communication and presentation abilities
- Troubleshooting expertise and diligence
- You should be skilled at coordinate different types of people, be able to coach as well as motivate and inspire others. You are innovative and creative, and actively seek to challenge existing approaches.
- Troubleshooting expertise and diligence.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and high attention to detail.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)