We're Hitachi Vantara, a global infrastructure business. Our people are the force of meaningful progress. We enable the incredible with data - from taking theme park fans on magical rides, conserving natural resources, protecting rainforests to saving lives. We empower businesses to automate, optimize and advance innovation. Together, we create a sustainable future for all.
Imagine the sheer breadth of talent it takes to inspire he future. We don't expect you to 'fit' every requirement - your life experience, character, perspective, and passion for achieving great things in the world are equally important to us.The Team
Exercises independent judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision-making process. The role
Key duties include understanding software problems, writing software code, supporting software testing, deployment, maintenance, and enhancements. Knowledge of software development best practices is essential.
As a backend Operator development engineer you will be part of the Operator Team for UCP Advisor.
• Design and develop and maintaining various Operator.
• Participate in next generation IaaS and on-Premises Infrastructure architecture and services.
• Assist in the management of Compute, Storage, FC , Ethernet infrastructure , Converge , Hyper-Converged appliance.
• Continually improve the productivity, reliability, and maintainability. What you'll bring
7+ years software development
• BS in computer engineering and/or information technology
• Experienced at organizing project teams
• Strong team leading skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong work ethic and intellectual curiosity
• Strong knowledge of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms.
• Knowledge of common Go routine and channel patterns• Experience with the full site of Go frameworks and tools, including:• Dependency management tools such as Godep, Sltr, etc• Go's templating language• Ability to write clean and effective Godoc comments.
• Understanding of Declarative programming construct.
• Understanding of Operator pattern
• Familiarity with code versioning tools
• Ability finds complex software defects and implementing fixes and workarounds.
• A positive open minded problem solver
• Good undertaking of Design principles.
• Experience in container technology and Kubernetes eco systems
• Min 7 years of software development experience with 5 years in GOLang development. Some nice to haves include:
• SaaS experience
• Operator Pattern
• Storage background, snapshots, replication, data migration
• Ethernet and network switches management protocol experience.
• Working experience with Server management.
• Virtualization experience. Like VMWare etc.Championing diversity, equity, and inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are integral to our culture and identity. Diverse thinking, a commitment to allyship, and a culture of empowerment help us achieve powerful results. We want you to be you, with all the ideas, lived experience, and fresh perspective that brings. We support your uniqueness and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our team. How we look after you
We want to help you take care of your today and tomorrow - at home and at work. Which is why we offer industry-leading benefits that go far beyond compensation. That means support, services, and resources that also take care of your holistic health and wellbeing. We're always looking for new ways of working that bring out our best, which leads to unexpected ideas. Here, you'll experience a sense of belonging, and discover autonomy, freedom, and ownership as you work alongside talented people you enjoy sharing knowledge with. We're also champions of life balance and offer flexible arrangements that work for you (role and location dependent). About us
We're a global team of innovators. Together, we harness engineering excellence and passion for insight to co-create meaningful solutions to complex challenges. We turn organizations into data-driven leaders that can a make positive impact on their industries and society. If you believe that innovation can inspire the future, this is the place to fulfil your purpose and achieve your potential.
We're proud to say we're an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, age, disability status or any other protected characteristic. Should you need reasonable accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know so that we can do our best to set you up for success.