Develop or create products, systems, services or technologies for Hitachi Energy´s Business Units by leading and managing the execution of one or more complex R&D projects or a program to meet project targets. Coordinate work of multi-location and cross-functional project team/s. Lead in partnership with business managers, steering groups, product management and external parties and ensure value creation.
You will contribute significantly to successful results in R&D projects globally allocated. Reporting to the R&D/Technology Center Manager.
- Leading and managing complex projects and coordinating work of multi-location and cross-functional project team/s. Motivating and monitoring internal and/or external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones.
- Managing the cost, schedule and performance objectives of the projects within a program. Managing interdependencies between projects in order to realize specified benefits. Ensuring appropriate requirements within a program by partnering with relevant business unit/s or other customers. Developing business case.
- Ensuring understanding of customer value in the projects and acting to ensure customer satisfaction and manage expectations. Taking into consideration requirements and demands coming from customers and from internally within Hitachi Energy.
- Ensuring projects follow sound methodology and execution practices in accordance with standard HAPG internal directives and procedures as well as external standards etc. that influence activities and targets. Effectively organizing monitoring and controlling activities to ensure achievement of planned stage-gates and efficient utilization of available resources. Monitoring and controlling program cost and financials. Reporting to and taking directives from steering committee.
- Ensuring transparency around change requests, unforeseen results/events and identified risks and ensuring that they are properly managed and communicated. Ensuring that all opportunities are captured and acted upon.
- Coaching and mentoring R&D Project Managers and supporting professional development and talent pipeline. Sharing lessons learned.
- Serving as the key contact for stakeholders, and an escalation point for program/project issues. Effectively communicating appropriate information to stakeholders in a timely manner and to achieve desired understanding and support.
- Leading in partnership with business managers, steering committees, product management, other internal functions and external parties. Coordinating activities with product and business management.
- Initiating the development of and implementing project management requirements, processes, methods, techniques, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Developing, managing and expanding relationships with stakeholders, internal functions, Corporate Research Centers and external relevant parties (e.g. customers, universities). Providing proposals for possible partnerships.
- A MS or PhD in Engineering.
- More than 5 years of experience in project management, either for R&D projects or other type.
- Desirable experience with transformers and product development.
- Proven knowledge and experience in project management tools, including gate model.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Strong commitment to safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines.
- A high level of self-motivation.
- A collaborative, problem-solving, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
- Used to teamwork in international teams with excellent interpersonal skills.
- International mobility: availability to lead international R&D projects within transformers organization and potential change of location.