Senior Project Controller
Job ID: R0035864
Date Posted: Nov 15, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY JAPAN, LTD.
Profession (Job Category): Finance
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
- You will provide input to the Project Execution Plan on financial aspects. Prepares financial accounting and reporting. Drive and seek for optimization of Project Cash Flow, Revenues, and GM contribution together with Project Director/Managers.
- You will be responsible for the correctness of the monthly project balance sheet and income statement as well as for cash flow and monthly/quarterly forecast reporting.
- You will be responsible for driving and facilitating financial planning processes and activities implementation of standardized processes and tools to support the financial planning activities in your area of responsibility monitoring and Review.
- You will participate in opportunity/risk identification and monitor that all required mitigation actions are timely implemented.
- You will be in joint responsibility with the Project Manager for all Financial aspects of the project including Estimating at completion and related Cost-to-complete, forecasted Revenues and Cash Flow, Risks and Opportunities assessment, and ensuring alignment with other functions including Project Controls, planning/scheduling.
- You will be responsible for supporting the Project Director/Manager in coordinating and preparing monthly project reviews. Participates in preparing the project cost report. Verifies the substance for the cost to ensure compliance with budget and forecast to completion.
- You will support the Project Managers in adherence to corporate governance, integrity, assurance, and other group and business-specific directives and instructions.
- You will be responsible for Leads/Supports process improvement and cost-saving initiatives to protect and increase the Group’s profitability. Supports initiatives to achieve excellence in financial controlling and improvement of controlling processes, governance, and tools.
- You will ensure safe working procedures and practices are always followed including the wearing and maintenance of assigned.
- You will be responsible for personal protective equipment: attendance at required health, safety, and environment training; report injuries, incidents, hazards, and near-miss events. Model safe work behaviors in all aspects of work and actively identify hazards and risk controls.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity means taking responsibility for your actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Minimum 5 years of practical experience as a Project/Functional Controller in a complex environment. Knowledge of the Software Industry is preferred but not essential.
- Proficient with SAP COPA and Project modules, MS Word, Excel; and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated Negotiation skills.
- Results orientation - drive to exceed goals & and improve business practices for higher performance levels.
- Strategic orientation - define own plan within larger strategy & and contribute to strategy beyond own area.
- Act Responsibly - Integrity, Transparency, Safety.
- Personal leadership - engage team commitment & and empower teams to perform measures as per PDA and Projects Dashboard. Organizational Chart Refer a separate chart.
- Proficiency in both spoken & and written English language is required.