You as an Associate Project Engineer will be part of Hitachi Energy High Voltage Business based in Dammam, Saudi Arabia. You will be leading the execution of medium size to large and moderately complex GIS projects and ensuring that all related activities are performed in accordance with Hitachi Energy policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety and environment requirements, financial targets as well as schedule commitments.
- Executing the projects as per contract scope, schedule, and contractual conditions.
- Reviewing the contract received from sales and understanding terms and conditions of project contracts, including awareness of risks of negative impact on margin, performance, and risk factors.
- Planning, monitoring and controlling the project activities (Scope, Time and Cost) proactively including project handover, execution planning, monitoring and control activities to accomplish the project goals.
- Developing project schedule and freezing with respective stakeholders (internal and external).
- Preparation of project wise Master document list and maintaining the updates.
- Executing the process activities in SAP and maintaining the documentation as per ISO and Internal process requirements throughout the project cycle.
- Co-ordinate with Engineering and customer for timely approval of drawings and documents and resolution of all projects related queries or issues during execution.
- Single point contact and escalation point for customer for project issues and assuring Hitachi Energy commitments to customer are met, in accordance with contract.
- Seeking to improve customer satisfaction and feedback through consistent customer Interaction. Building trust, confidence and loyalty with customers
- Preparing and submitting project progress report to customer as per contractual Requirements.
- Closely monitoring and documenting change requests from customer related to project scope and getting approvals for time extension, additional cost etc.
- Evaluating and identifying the risks in project proactively and implementing the mitigating actions. Preparation of project specific risks and opportunities management plan.
- Co-ordinating with customer for Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and arranging the timely dispatch clearances.
- Co-ordinating with commercial team for Invoicing and with logistic team for dispatch of goods.
- Co-ordinating with service team for installation, testing and commissioning at site.
- Co-ordinating with customer for timely collection of payment.
- Co-ordination for As-built drawings, collection of PAC & FAC and Project Closure and Handing over to service team.
- Reporting status or progress to internal stake holders/management with appropriate details.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- 2 - 7 years of experience in project execution of GIS projects, Substation projects or similar projects related to Design, supply, installation of High Voltage equipment.
- Should possess strong leadership skills and ability to convince stakeholders in the interest of the project.
- Ability to work under pressure to deliver the projects with time, cost and quality.
- SAP or another ERP knowledge.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English language is required.