- Lead and support corrective, preventive and unscheduled maintenance, inspection, adjustments, testing, cleaning, lubrication and proper maintenance on Traction Power System equipment including substation, switchgear, transformers, batteries, UPS, breakers, relays and programmable logic controllers, recording maintenance and diagnostic data
- Observes the Traction Power System in operation to detect potential failures and locates causes of malfunction. Responds to malfunctions completing repairs as assigned.
- Lead and support troubleshooting, identification and resolution of system and subsystem, diagnosis and correction of technical faults, testing and modification, including high voltage equipment, switches and circuit breakers, SCADA systems in use in a railway environment in accordance with wiring diagrams, schematics, operations manuals and manufacturers maintenance instructions.
- Maintain and produce accurate maintenance records of track, third rail and related infrastructure, equipment performance, work accomplished, and other information using a computerized maintenance management system
- Analyzes log files to troubleshoot complex to provide required corrective action and improvement
- Drive work vehicles when responding to emergencies and when required on duty
- Support the on-site spare parts management and the repair cycle from/to the site
- Support the preparation of performance maintenance technical report
- Produce work blocks and Job hazard analysis pertained to planned work
- Lead and support the Red Tag and LOTOs procedure.
- Ensure safety of staff and equipment performing maintenance and lockout procedures
- Lead and support major and minor failure analysis and technical investigation
- Lead and support the execution of substation, maintenance and repair activities.
- Plan and ensure the execution and collection of all the maintenance records and support the monitoring of the day-to-day maintenance performance
- Ensure conformance to technical specifications and compliance with operational specifications and tolerances (e.g. verifying dimensions and clearances of parts,…)
- Ensures that the technicians comply with all maintenance procedures and instructions including; safety, quality, and environmental procedures
- Plan and ensure that the corrective and preventative maintenance tasks are executed in compliance with the company safety policy and local regulations
- Ensure the execution and collection of all the maintenance records and support the monitoring of the day-to-day maintenance performance
- Manages the resources assigned to maintenance section to optimize the utilization of resources
- Plan for the preventive and corrective maintenance activities to meet system availability for service requirements
- Implements sound employee relations and practices within the parameters of the O&M organization regulations and union agreements
- Ensure the effective implementation of first-line response maintenance safety standards
- Conducts special studies and investigations and acts as a trouble shooter or special projects officer as directed
- The role requires to work close proximity to the third rail and high voltage frequently
- Conduct job and safety briefing as required
- Perform duties as instructed/directed by Traction Power Manager and the Electrical Engineer
- Completes assigned operational, equipment failure, safety and other reports as required.
- Participates in training programs as required.
- Use electronic test equipment, power tools and other specialized hand tools as required.
- Ensure that sufficient materials, tools, and equipment are on hand calibrated and in good condition for maintenance activities
- Early identification of failure trends that may impact system availability
- Assists in developing component overhaul and rehabilitation and replacement program
- The role requires flexibility and efficiency which require shift rotation, weekends and holidays work typical of major infrastructure projects, and operating transit systems
- Performs related duties as required
- Compliance with electrical standards, specifications, practices and regulatory requirements
- Complies with Safety Rules, Operating Rulebook, and first-aid procedures.
- Completes assigned operational, equipment failure, safety, and other reports as required.
Perform additional cross functional job duties on unrelated track and third rail systems included but not limited to electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic controlled systems in accordance with training and qualifications
Note: In accordance with the DOT’s FRA and FTA programs, Hitachi’s substance screening program tests pre-employment candidates and current employees, as required for safety-sensitive positions
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected].
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.