You as a HR Business Partner will be part of Hitachi Energy Business Unit(BU) High Voltage Products based in Kokubu and Tokyo, Japan. As a core member of the business management team, accountable for the overall HR contribution and value-add to the business, translating business goals into HR priorities and ensuring effective implementation in partnership with the appropriate Centers of Expertise (CoE) and Global Business Services (GBS).
- You will understand the business drivers, and the current and long-term strategy and identify opportunities for HR to add value to the business. Set and implement HR priorities in the organization in line with global/Hub BU and people strategy, covering culture, people, and organization utilizing the existing HR solution portfolio or ensuring to provide new solutions where appropriate.
- You will represent HR in the business entity, establishing strong relationships with business leaders and acting as a consultant, sparring partner, and coach. Accountable for the total HR offering to the business. Articulate the needs of the business to the CoE and GBS to ensure relevant, impactful support for the business.
- You will ensure people and organizational capabilities required in the mid/long term are understood and actioned. Ensure that the business positions in the short term are adequately staffed to meet or exceed the annual business targets. Interrogate HR Analytics data to understand key organizational dynamics, trends, and issues and define and execute appropriate actions.
- You will implement the operating model and optimize organization structures and principles in line with group and global rules and standards. Develop high-performing teams, including organization restructuring, optimal utilization, redeployment, and right-sizing of people resources. Under the leadership of global and Hub BU, implements strategy and plans regarding restructuring and integration projects.
- You will build a performance culture in the organization and implement group and global business performance standards and targets to enhance business performance. Identify performance issues and take actions to address them in close collaboration with CoE and GBS. Drive recognition and reward programs for individuals and teams linked to the Business priorities.
- You will ensure competence development actions supporting the business strategy are in place; Implement learning and development activities to build and improve competence in collaboration with CoE and GBS. Collaborate with Learning Partners to decide on appropriate learning strategies and commission the design and execution of customized programs to meet the needs identified. Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of learning solutions to demonstrate business impact.
- You will be in close collaboration with Talent Partners, set and implement strategies and actions to ensure a healthy and sustainable talent pipeline in the organization considering internal talent pool and external market. Drive and execute all talent processes with business leaders e.g., identification and succession planning on business-critical positions, diversity, and inclusion, and owns the talent outcomes.
- You will define competitiveness position and compensation elements based on business needs and in line with group and global strategy and policy. Identify issues and risks and work with Coe to identify necessary actions. Monitor and control personnel cost development in the business and take corrective actions when needed.
- You will ensure change management requirements are translated into actions that support the business strategy and plan; Apply in-depth business knowledge to support and coach managers in implementing necessary measures and actions to facilitate change, including communication, reorganization, performance management, motivation, and recognition.
- You will implement and ensure compliance with global and local standards, rules, tools, policies, and processes related to operations/project execution. Share and develop best practices across the wider HR community. Provide support and governance to the business, ensuring business plans align with overall HR direction, policy, and Business Strategies.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity means taking responsibility for your actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s/master’s degree in any field.
- 5-8 years of experience in Relevant field.
- Proven business acumen and track record in working to support business as a strategic HR business partner in multi-national organizations.
- Possesses sound knowledge of Industrial Relations, Organization Development & Talent Management.
- Highly independent and motivated to thrive in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent influencing and coaching skills.
- Having strong business awareness, contributing to business strategies
- Proficiency in both spoken & and written English language is required.